How Well Do You?

How good are you on hiding your secrets? Does a single tear of yours drop whenever you lie about an act you did not wish to do? Every strand of your hair wants to pull from your skin, and leave you naked in a so cold and terrifying world.

And, there goes me, again. Asking, why I’m doing this to myself. For the past years, lying became my escape plan from the truth I’m afraid will soon to unleash. It’s not so easy as you think.

So old those days, but it’s so clear as the pensieve shows me how did it start. A young girl, stagnant at her place, watching TV alone. You couldn’t imagine that this young girl can lie like it’s so real and believable. Those two men who entered their house said that she should be quiet about this, but she knew that they’re intruders. And so, she didn’t tell anyone about this.

Fright wanted to shout out of her body, but something didn’t want her to do so. She remained quiet, like nothing happened. No tears escaped from her eyes.

How well did you lie, dear? I ask her. Well, she only shrugged, but shortly, she replied, “Too well to be noticed. How long she would know that I’m here to ruin all of her plans for me?”

This girl, at her adolescence, had her first argument with her mother. Seems she had a plan, huh? Wishing that it would work— maybe there’s a big certainty. All of her thoughts drowned to her dreams were a trash now, and a small pile of ashes started to blur her mind.

She wanted to ruin everything, behind the back of her mother. But, something popped up. What if’s. Will she live better if she would keep those as a secret?

No, I am a good liar.

Her Mom’s so happy that she got her scholarship, and she did tell her that she’s studying on a famous university. Oh wow, that’s it. She also told her Mom about her grades, so near to be a dean’s lister.

Is she aware of it?

She smiled with the fake achievements she got. It’s burning her alive. But, believe me, she’s good at lying. Better than the thieves frequently reported on those stations.

It must be tiring. But she whispers, “Bloody hell, so heavy, but I’ve survived these things. Maybe it’s up to no good but, if I tried to restart a new life, I would be as clean as a sheep. ”

Next life? She already did. She went out of her abode to find a new home, and forget all of what she have done. This girl searched some jobs to earn something for herself.

And, she met someone— an ideal guy she wanted to have in the future. Another disguise in another life.

This man’s so rich, that she pretended to be elegant. Every night, she would wear fancy clothes, talking with the other rich people in casinos, together with this man. Her life became so hard, until she became well-known on that place. Some of them asked if where does she live, and anything about her personality.

They only knew that she’s a high class woman.

How well do you lie, sweetie?
“No, I’m not good at lies. Please, let me live more! I wanted to restart a new life!”

Shut up. Change yourself at your next life, sweetie. Make sure you’ll lie better than what I’m doing.

There’s a bang afterwards. I left her body burning on those money she had won from playing on casinos.