Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weeekly)

First Posted On: 27th June 2021

Last Updated On: 27th June 2021

~ ~ ~

September 2012. After being abducted for 7 years, a girl named Hyunjin escapes her harsh captivity. She does not remember life before her abduction and struggles to make a living through busking until she is picked up by Blockberry Creative in 2013. Finally debuting with LOONA from 2016, she has led a successful career as a celebrity, but her traumatic past continues to haunt her.

February 2020. Monday receives a parcel at her dorm, which contains a hairband with cat ears. Upon discovering a bloodstain, a past memory is triggered and it lingers in her mind all the way into her debut with Weeekly. Monday vows to find answers and continue to pursue her dream to be a successful celebrity like LOONA, whom Weeekly look up to as role models.

Hyunjin and Monday have difficulties to overcome, but at what cost? And is uncovering the truth really for the better?

~ ~ ~

A/N: Yeah...so I have a lot of explaining to do regarding my 3-year hiatus from writing fanfics about my favourite (pun pun) KPop groups.

so I have a lot of explaining to do regarding my 3-year hiatus from writing fanfics about my favourite (pun pun) KPop groups

While I'd like to think university was the main reason, the underlying issue was I just lost inspiration. Yes, I took interest in things outside of Wattpad and had left the KPop fanfic world behind me because I needed to enjoy living in the real world for a while. I mean, when you visit/live in another country, you tend to prioritise other things, and the sacrifice I chose is to leave my 'Long Lost KPop Siblings' series on indefinite hiatus.

Then some pandemic decided to bring me back to Singapore earlier than expected and now we are all stuck at home. It was not a wasted situation though, because I have come to return to KPop listening and stanning again. If you have noticed from my fanfics, they were mostly about 2nd and 3rd gen groups, so why not (pun pun) support the 4th gen?

Thus leads me to these new favourites of mine: LOONA and Weeekly. I found out about Weeekly first and I am glad to say they are the first group I properly stanned since their pre-debut. Though I knew about LOONA for some time, it is because of Weeekly's undying love for them that they came into my radar again.

 Though I knew about LOONA for some time, it is because of Weeekly's undying love for them that they came into my radar again

Since we are facing a lack of narrative fanfic storylines for 4th gen groups, I decided now would be a good time to step in and return to my roots from 8 years ago when I did the same for SNSD (please read that story on my profile it's at 111K reads)

Since we are facing a lack of narrative fanfic storylines for 4th gen groups, I decided now would be a good time to step in and return to my roots from 8 years ago when I did the same for SNSD (please read that story on my profile it's at 111K reads). The significance of this fanfic release is that LOONA is about to make a comeback and will probably have done so by the time Chapter 1 is posted. And in a few days time, Weeekly will celebrate their 1st debut anniversary!

I want to stress that this fanfic is stand-alone and has no relation to the 'Long Lost KPop Siblings' series. And in the near future, I will change my username based on my Twitter account (https://twitter.com/pandaileee7), but for familiarity's sake, PPGGFxion will stay for now.

Vote + Comment ~ !