Chapter 16: The Difference Between a Fan and... (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 3rd September 2021

Last Updated On: 15th September 2021

T/N: This takes place on 2nd July 2020 and 12th July 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

"So you add the sauce into the pan and-"

"아니야! Park Chaewon you will splatter it all over the kitchen!"

"But the recipe said-"

"Screw the recipe you are going to burn our dorm!"

Basically, Yves unnie and Gowon were cooking lunch today but Gowon insisted on being the chef and that is going as well as you'd expect...barely.

Don't get us wrong, she can make food that is edible. Just...

"Why would you mix gochujang with teriyaki? That doesn't even make sense!" Yves complained.

Mind you, Yves is not even the best cook in the dorm. In fact, I am the best one.

"Yah Kim Hyunjin don't scoff," Jinsoul unnie saw me watching the kitchen drama unfold. "You didn't season the samgyeopsal the other time you cooked. Blandest meal we ever had."

"Not my fault the sauce I wanted to use for the marinade was expired...you could have gotten food poisoning..." I defended.

"True..." Jinsoul sighed. "Ok let's scoff at Gowon together."

Much drama later (with Yves rescuing the kitchen from meltdown), today's lunch of homemade tteokbokki was ready to be served. I have to say, it smells wonderful and promises to be a good munch.

"Finally, I'm famished!" a sleepy Kim Lip unnie walked out of her room.

"Lunch lunch lunch!" Yeojin hopped over like the frog she is.

"떡볶이 좋아요~!!!" a wild Chuu burst in with ENFP spirit.

"야!" Yves told us to wait before digging in. "Just so you know, I saved the kitchen. And second, let's eat at the TV; it's been a while."

With Gowon pouting at Yves, we all adjourned to the sitting area. Heejin who overhead Yves' instruction found the TV remote and turned on the TV. And as we settled into our seats, I realised that the show being screened now was MCountdown.

Oh...that also means I'll see Weeekly's debut stage.

Oh...LOONA will see Weeekly too!

"Who's performing today?" Olivia Hye asked us when she saw MCountdown was on.

"I think Seventeen sunbaenims are performing their comeback today. I heard they are nominated and have a strong chance of winning this episode," Choerry told her.

"IZ*ONE is nominated too!" Yeojin added. "I'm rooting for them!"

Other familiar names included Hwasa and Sunmi sunbaenims and a whole lineup of young boy groups like AB6IX and Golden Child. However, I only wanted to pay attention to Weeekly. Specifically...Kim Jimin (Monday).

On any other day, I would root for Weeekly or one of their members as an aspiring fan of them. But the recent encounter with Monday after their ruined debut showcase had left a deep impact on my mind. Mainly because I was worried she misunderstood me...

I saved them. I didn't cause the fire. But why did my conversation with her made it seem like I did...?

That aside, since yesterday I could not stop thinking about my impulse to save Weeekly. If I did not know Monday was in Weeekly, I honestly would not have bothered. However, all those times I saw her on YouTube and that chance duet session we had in the park...must have triggered something in my heart.