Chapter 34: Best Thing (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Christmas Special - Part 2]

First Posted On: 24th December 2021

Last Updated On: 24th December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 24th December 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Monday POV)

Today will be a hectic and busy schedule. I rehearsed my lines in the van even as the members were goofing around and being in that festive mood.

Yes, Weeekly were invited to perform a special stage at MCountdown! I think this is a testament to our successful first year of promotions and between the members, we really worked hard.

I too had reasons to celebrate, but these were also more a case of what could have been.

I learned that LOONA were also part of the Christmas Special lineup. Jihan even had a stage with Heejin sunbaenim and fellow 4th generation idols Jiwon (Cherry Bullet) and Yeonhee (Rocket Punch).

"Yah Jihyo," Soeun reminded her, "remember you must be professional even in front of LOONA ok? Heejin is not Olivia Hye."

"BUT SHE'S LOONA," Jihan sobbed. "I just wish I could be much closer to them if not for the social distancing arrangement."

"Leave her be," Jaehee whispered to me. "Zoa told me she already set up a shrine in the dorm with dollar store electric candles praying for LOONA's second win..."

To say twitter stans don't exist is a lie then. We have a literal twitter stan in our group.

Our fun and laughter was put on hold when we arrived at the Mnet building. Seems like there were already other groups who came before us, so we had to get moving quickly. It was just as well, the weather had gotten colder overnight and we decided to change to our stage outfits indoors.

In the waiting room, Jiyoon suggested that we play some Christmas-themed KPop songs to get us into the mood of our stage. Jihan welcomed the idea since pretty soon she would have to rehearse with her quartet of singers.

"What song should we listen to first?" Soojin opened the floor to us since she usually struggled to pick good songs during our noraebang nights.

Soeun suggested we listen to BTOB sunbaenim's 'That Winter's Tale' since we all loved their vocals. I particularly related to the introduction of the song when Peniel sunbaenim said there was the happiest couple in the entire world but their love did not last forever.

Same as me and Hyunjin unnie. We were happy and innocent children, but it did not last forever. Now that Hyunjin unnie has reunited with the family, to some extent, will we be a happy pair of sisters again? Just like old times?

"Hey Jimin unnie?" Jaehee called my name. "What song would you suggest?"

Is it my turn already? Oh...there were so many good ones though...

"I ALREADY CALLED DIBS ON 'THE CAROL'!" Jihan squealed. "And we are listening to it first because I have to go for my other rehearsal soon."

Then I had a brilliant memory and idea for my song choice.

"TWICE sunbaenim had a Christmas release too," I beamed. "The song 'The Best Thing I Ever Did' is now my favourite Christmas song because...that was the song Hyunjin unnie was busking to when I met her while exercising in the park."