Chapter 23: Confronted (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 26th October 2021

Last Updated On: 26th October 2021

T/N: This takes place on 12th October 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

"저기요, Kim Hyunjin!" I heard Yves unnie's voice on the other side of the door. However, I was not willing to respond.

"What's with you moping around in your room? 또?!" Jinsoul unnie was next to complain.

"I'm your same-bed sister, but you stealing the entire blanket during this autumn season a little bit much, isn't it?" Chuu unnie was in half-tantrum half-squeaking mode. Kinda adorable if I say so myself.

If you must know, I have been like this pretty much since I was interrogated by the officers last month. I only ever left the room because of schedules, but once we were back in the dorm, I would retreat to my room with a stash of bread. Thank goodness I was not keen on doing any LOONA logs either.

To say the solitude was relaxing would be a lie. If anything, it felt like torture to be reminded of my abduction...again. Literally, I was just learning how to overcome that trauma so why did I have to see that CCTV?!

Never mind that, they mentioned THAT name...Yoo Daejoon. I know it's those police officers' job, but still...

"Unnie..." it was Olivia Hye's turn to try and communicate with me. "If you don't open the door this instant I'll punchivia hye it to-"

"제발 날 좀!" I finally snapped wishing to be left alone, even though clearly I needed a companion right now. And while I normally would lean on Heejin, strangely I only wanted to see one particular individual...

...Kim Jimin.

몰라...since we met I have been lowering my guard and robotic persona around her. Monday may be more of a stranger to me than my own group member, Gowon, but I shared some of my deeper secrets with her. That excludes the abduction, mind you.

Adding on the possibility of me being the Jin Jin she is looking for...does that mean-

"See, it's not that difficult, 얘들 아," I heard Heejin's voice as the door to my room unlocked. Oh...she found the key.

"You mean Kim Hyunjin even hid the key under a loaf of bread so it will be less likely for us to fish it out?!" Kim Lip was in disbelief. "헐, she really loves bread that much."

"Now, if you guys don't mind..." I could sense Heejin giving them a look that meant we needed some time alone. After closing the door behind her, she came up to my bed. She had to take the long way because I had my back facing the door.

"As much as I tried to chase them away," she spoke to me after sitting on the edge, "they will probably be eavesdropping."

"아라요..." I mumbled, seemingly uninterested to engage in more conversation.

"Hyunjin ah..." Heejin continued. "There are things in this life which we don't understand. Why do our Orbits keep changing their bias? What kind of fate was it that kept us from promoting with Haseul unnie again? Who is managing our payments in the agency?"

I scoffed at the last mystery.

"I think a lot of us don't understand your emotions sometimes though," Heejin bluntly pointed out. "Although I probably know why..."

"You do?" I perked up and removed the covers from my face. "What-"

"It's about Jimin hoobae isn't it?" she stated.