Chapter 3: Cat Ears (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 29th June 2021

Last Updated On: 29th June 2021

T/N: This takes place on 24th February 2020.

~ ~ ~

Monday. The start of a new week and continuation of pre-debut activities. Lately, the members and I have been showing a lot of behind-the-scenes footage of our practices and interactions. Since we are an aspiring girl group that the public (fans) are already aware of, our company, PlayM, thought it would be a good idea for us to record some VCRs of us to release on our Youtube channel.

I used to hate Mondays...I mean who does not? But lately, I have come to embrace it because this is the concept for our group. There are seven of us and each member represents a different day of the week. An interesting concept if I say so myself, but I'm still trying to figure out why I am assigned to cure people's 'Monday blues'.

And if you were wondering, Monday is not my actual name but my prospective stage name. My real name is-

"Kim Jimin!" a certain dance leader named Park Soeun entered the company while calling my name. She is a fellow same-aged groupmate. For our debut, PlayM assigned us as main dancers, but while she is a lead vocal, I am a main vocal.

Yes, the fans know me for my vocals.

"Did you see our recent VCR 'Spin-Off'?" Soeun asked me. "It's getting a little more views than the other videos due to Jihan fangirling LOONA sunbaenim."

Jihan is also a fellow pre-debutee and a certified Orbit, which is LOONA sunbaenim's fandom. Her real name is Han Jihyo. I particularly remember her being shy with us at first because she used to train with a famous entertainment agency before joining PlayM. Thankfully, she has settled in well with the members.

"역시, Han Jihyo," I gave a thumbs up and I made a mental note to treat her something from the convenience store later.

Next to arrive was our group's prospective leader, Lee Soojin unnie. Both of us have a good working relationship and have performed at various stages and festivals during our pre-debut. Even though she is a 01-liner, her December birthday means she is only a few months older than me.

"Ah unnie," I went up to her. "Bogoshipeo."

"Nice try Kim Jimin," Soojin laughed, "but I'm not letting you use my air-con tonight."

"Eyy...I was not here for that. Besides I will still do it anyway..." I teased her.

"Yahh~" she whined, which made Soeun chuckle.

Since Soeun had come from school, she wanted to change into something more comfortable, therefore while she went to the washroom, Soojin and I entered the practice room first. There, we were greeted by fellow member Jo Hyewon, or better known by her prospective stage name, Zoa.

"Hello, it's Hyewon cam today~!" she announced sweetly. Seriously, its making my heart melt.

"Why did you come so early?" asked Soojin.

"I prepared early today. I'm diligent!" Zoa answered confidently.

Meanwhile, I took off my mask and asked Soojin unnie to act adorable like how Zoa did in the dorm. To Soojin, it probably felt embarrassing, but Zoa and I relished her '대장 강아지' personality.

The other members soon arrived one by one, with Zoa filming their entrances. Jaehee and Jihan came in chuckling and then our composition genius Shin Jiyoon was joined by Soeun, who had just returned from the washroom. In her typical entrance, Jiyoon was carrying a guitar, which probably meant she was going to compose another song towards her 100 song goal today.