Chapter 30: Not Friends (Monday and Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 12th December 2021

Last Updated On: 12th December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 11th November 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Monday POV)

I clutched the letter in my hand as our van approached the filming location after picking us up from the dorm. We had a recording to celebrate Huh Gak sunbaenim's 10th anniversary. This meant the PlayM artists would sing covers of some of his famous hits. Weeekly got the chance to cover '1440', a song about a lover's feelings as he thinks about his significant other 1440 times a day.

Oh when I said Weeekly, I meant the 02-line and Jihan. More significant was that Soojin unnie was not with us this time around. My moral compass was not there to keep my sanity in check.

Thankfully there is no chance we will meet LOONA or Hyunjin during this recording so I guess I can be natural with her for once. Scratch that, I haven't been able to do so because of what Soojin told me at the Fact iN Star studio...

...the members already suspect something amiss with you since MCountdown.

...they already did since Heejin showed up at our dorm when Hyunjin went missing...

I bet they will confront me when they have the chance. So I decided that I would try to bring it up and clear the doubts as best I can. Jihan in particular needed some convincing since she's the Orbit president.

We made our way into the studio and saw the set before us. A nice, colourful LED background with picnic chairs and a little picnic basket on the side. That brought some calm to my nerves at least. A good environment to sing always makes the difference.

"Hello everyone!" Jiyoon was speaking to a camera for our behind the scenes clip. "To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Huh Gak sunbaenim's debut, we've received the opportunity to cover one of his excellent songs!"

"널 이렇게~" Soeun joined in and sang the first verse of the chorus, which is how our cover is going to start. And of course, I will be singing it. The plan was we were going to add a Weeekly-style to the cover and it will feature Jiyoon's self-composed song 'Reality'.

Jihan and I were doing our makeup for the cover while 행복해지소 (Happy JiSo) were playfuly bickering. All seemed pleasant between the four of us and the staff. We were also informed that Huh Gak sunbaenim would be meeting us later to thank us for making a cover of '1440'.

All the while, I was still fiddling with the letter that I now stashed in my pocket. You may be wondering why I haven't got around to reading it yet even though it has been more than a week since Yves sunbaenim passed it to me.

Short answer is, I am frightened.

The revelation of Hyunjin not having parents left me dumbfounded. Yes, it was her choice not to tell me, but I told her about Jin Jin and even let her role play as Jin Jin just so I could ease my pain a little more. But in return shouldn't she have told me about not having parents so I can find a way to help her?

But the long answer is...I felt betrayed.

Didn't Hyunjin unnie say her father gave her the cat ear hairband? Well if she never knew her parents...did she lie to me? Then if that hairband really was a rare item at the time, it could only mean-

"UNNIE!" Jihan's voice interrupted my train of thought.

"I was in a daze again wasn't I?" I regained my composure.