Chapter 21: Telling Them (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 12th October 2021

Last Updated On: 12th October 2021

T/N: This takes place on 16th September 2020.

~ ~ ~

"So we are releasing the teaser for your '12:00' comeback later today. Keep an eye out for it and be prepared as we will be interacting with Orbits soon," manager-nim informed us.

He also told us to continue our hard work during these comeback preparations. For the second comeback in a row, Haseul unnie cannot join us so it will be a challenge to work with the choreography for 11 members again.

But why not? (pun pun)

"What shows will we be guesting on during this comeback, manager-nim?" Yeojin asked.

"NADOL wants half of y'all to be there," he said while casually pointing to Chuu, Jinsoul and Olivia Hye. "As for the whole group, we have a schedule with Dingo and Idollive. I guess you know which shows I am talking about."

It will be exciting! Mafia Dance and Idol House are shows the members and I enjoy watching.

We were informed that more schedules will be released in the coming days, but first we gathered together in a meeting room to watch the very first trailer for our comeback.

"Does this mean Yves unnie is going to hand over MC duties to someone for the time being?" Heejin pointed to the 'Fact iN Star' host.

"I heard WJSN sunbaenim's EXY has been given that task for our appearance," Kim Lip told her.

As she said that, the trailer started screening.

And immediately, I was feeling mesmerised by the constant beeping tune of the clock in the trailer. The concept was they were showing the times across the world until it hit 12:00 in Seoul.

Still, with each beep, I could only be reminded of the clock ticking...and it was not the most pleasant reminder...

(Flashback - 8 Years Ago)

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

That wall clock was the most forboding thing in this dank space. I used to hate it, but for the sake of today, I must pay attention and embrace its monotonous tune.

I needed to, for what I was about to do.

In my scrubs of clothes, which I am pretty sure I haven't had washed in a while, I will leave this place. Thank goodness I outgrew the clothes I was in when I was first abducted, because I'm pretty sure my captor wouldn't have cared less until I demanded him to get me new clothes.

But that won't matter anymore...because I am guaranteed to not see him again. I hope.

The sound of a creaking door jolted me from my daze and I counted down the seconds before his arrival. I've gotten so used to that clock sound it's scarily annoying that his footsteps don't match the ticking.

Or maybe that is just my OCD.

"How's my little 천사 doing?" his voice was unusually mellow. Still frightening considering the dark basement I was in.

"Better than you..." I uttered as if I lost all emotions (like the psychopath my captor is).

"Tsk tsk..." he sighed in annoyance. "Little flies like you don't know how to bite back...and that makes me sick."