Chapter 2: Contact (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 28th June 2021

Last Updated On: 28th June 2021

T/N: This takes place on 15th February 2020.

~ ~ ~

Do not ask me how we ended up split into teams for a team-bonding activity.

But if you must know, manager-nim thought it would be a good idea to prepare us for all the offers for variety and talk show appearances with the release of our comeback song 'So What'. Yes, we are back singing to the fans again after a somewhat tumultuous 2019. Needless to say the fandom was ecstatic with our comeback.

Honestly, I wasn't too bothered by the struggles (for obvious reasons). Despite being the quiet one on camera and the less prominent member in the MV, I usually spend more time communicating with Orbits through our fancafe and Twitter. At this stage, our international fans at least deserved this after waiting for us all this while.

Anyway, we were in our practice room, and in our sub-units of 1/3, Odd Eye Circle (OEC) and yyxy, we would be having a golden bell quiz organised by manager-nim himself. We enjoyed his quizzes because of the 'buzzer' we needed to do to get a chance at answering the questions. Although, when it comes to lyrics...I flounder.

"Clearly OEC will win," Choerry boasted before facing Kim Lip. "We got a brain with broad shoulders!"

Before Kim Lip could be triggered, Gowon rebutted saying, "Well if the buzzer is to do aegyo, we will get the chance to steal your answers because we have a strong ENFP in Kim Jiwoo ssi!"

As if to prove that point, Chuu unnie squeaked like a mouse. So much for flexing aegyo and high notes from this ENFP.

"Ah but it could be stretching as a buzzer," Yeojin guessed. "Thankfully we got Heejin unnie."

And bunny-ssi decided to show off her firm arm muscles at that moment.

"I pity you if the buzzer is touching the ceiling," Olivia Hye nonchalantly commented on Yeojin's challenge, which made Yeojin pout.

Finally, our manager calmed us down and told us the quiz topics. They included general knowledge, missing lyrics, choreography, and our members' new TMI. Personally, I am confident in general knowledge, especially if it has anything to do with cats and bread. Totally not a coincidence.

Sadly, manager-nim knew this and decided to ask Geography questions on countries and capitals. Weird things like the capital of Haseul's filming location...I mean you cannot expect me to guess Rej- no, Reyk- ugh...

"Reykjavik (레이캬비크)?" ViVi tried to correct me. "The words aren't that complicated..."

"Genius Korean language master indeed," I teased her.

In the end, OEC swept the general knowledge section thanks to Kim Lip. Thankfully the next section is supposed to be easier for Yeojin because she knows a lot of songs, even the non-Korean ones.

"...therefore we will play video clips or show screenshots of people singing and you need to guess the line that comes after!" our manager chuckled.

"EYYY~!" all of us groaned at his sneaky style of questions.

"That's cheating!" Jinsoul retorted.

"Bring it on, manager-nim!" Yves challenged.

"Calm down unnie..." Chuu laughed. "Your choreography section is next save your energy for that."

The first two questions in this section came and went. Yeojin guessed the very complicated 'Abracadabra' by Brown Eyed Girls sunbaenim and Choerry got the answer for Zico sunbaenim's 'Any Song' (mainly because the buzzer was touching the ceiling, as Olivia Hye predicted). At last, it was time for the third question.