Chapter 13: The Month Of June (Third Person POV)

First Posted On: 5th August 2021

Last Updated On: 5th August 2021

T/N: This is a fast-forwarding of events happening in June 2020.

~ ~ ~

During the whole filming of 'LOONA THE TAM' Season 2, Hyunjin's mind remained preoccupied with thoughts about Monday. Since learning that Monday cried to Soojin, Weeekly's leader, Hyunjin also felt slightly emotional about this. And even after LOONA returned to their dorm once filming ended, she wondered if there was any way she could support Monday and Weeekly's pre-debut activities.

Hyunjin watched more content about Weeekly on her own. She did not want the members to raise questions over why she was suddenly interested in a group that was yet to debut. If that happened, then the members will find out that she once sent the wrong gift to Monday...and they might uncover her secret past.

Speaking of her past, Hyunjin still has nightmares about her captivity, but during the month of June, they started to become more frequent. Mentally, she was able to control herself, but there was no denying that something had to be done...or at least she needed to figure out her life before captivity.

Hyunjin thought about Min Min; the girl who she kept seeing in glimpses of her past. She was still firm in her belief that Monday is not that girl. It was too coincidental...right? Yet, Hyunjin was still too afraid to come forward to authorities to tell them she could be a missing girl from years ago. She was afraid no one would believe her, despite being a celebrity, and it is for the same reason that she did not want to attract unnecessary attention and controversy. Besides, Kim is a common surname and there are many others named 'Hyunjin' (including a member from Stray Kids).

For now, LOONA was slowly gaining more attention and engaging with their Orbits as 11 members (since Haseul was on hiatus). They continued holding Vlives and Twitter AMAs and life seemed to go on normally for them. Hyunjin, unbeknownst to them, was busily preparing something on the side...a self-mission to find her past identity.

Meanwhile, it appears there was more to Monday's crying incident with Soojin. That was the day Soojin really figured something was up and it led to her discovery about Monday's traumatic past. Now though, with Soojin's support, Monday became more determined to find her missing sister. It has been 15 years since her sister was reported missing so Monday was not sure what she might look like after all this time. Frustratingly, her parents did not mention her sister's name, or whether she was older or younger than her. Maybe they forgot?

Monday's memories continued to disturb her, and like Hyunjin, they got more frequent in the month of June. Somehow, Monday started to picture things more clearly, such as the person she called 'Jin Jin' back when she was younger. With nothing to go by, Monday assumed Jin Jin was her nickname for her sister. All this while, she kept returning to the cat hairband that the anonymous person sent to her. As cute as it looked, she knew there was some history to it...and it might relate to Jin Jin.

Monday's thoughts were confirmed when she had a dream about Jin Jin letting her wear the hairband once. She only heard the voice of Jin Jin but it was enough to go by (assuming she had the same facial features). She told Soojin about that dream and was keen on asking for help from the police. However, Soojin advised her not to, for now at least. Their debut was fast approaching at the end of June and Weeekly needed to prepare for that.

And prepare for the comeback they did. The Weeekly members engaged with their few loyal fans on social media. These are the fans who have been following them during their pre-debut. New fans also started to hype up Weeekly's debut and were anticipating highly successful rookies who will rule the stage and earn awards at the end of the year. The members also cherished these pre-debut moments, especially Monday who reminisced about meeting APink's Chorong and Bomi face-to-face during their filming of 'PlayM Hard Training'. Slowly, thoughts about Jin Jin took a back seat.

What Weeekly did not realise is that one of the new fans was a certain member of LOONA. Surely this would be a dream come true for Jihan, a loyal Orbit herself, but this LOONA member was not actually becoming a fan for Jihan (at least not yet).

No, this member is Hyunjin. And she is about to play a significant role in Weeekly's debut.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Now we have uncovered a little more backstory into the lives of Hyunjin and Monday. But what is going to happen to Weeekly? And why is Hyunjin getting this involved?

Yeah just a breeze through this time around. Really in terms of events in June 2020, there really was not much. And yes I am aware LOONA and Weeekly might have recorded talk shows during this time, but we are just going by key moments. And a heads up, I might alter the programme and contents of Weeekly's first 'FactiNStar' appearance for the plot's sake.

Oh, if you haven't watched it already, Weeekly's 'Holiday Party' just came out a few hours ago. Keep streaming it and let's get that 1 million views in 24 hours! You'd want to keep watching it though because the song is really nice!

Vote + Comment ~ !