Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 15th November 2021

Last Updated On: 18th November 2021

T/N: This takes place on 24th October 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

"Are you sure about this? Hyun?" Heejin gave me a worried glance as I held a certain box in my hand. Even though it had only been two days since I last met Monday, I became apprehensive again; just like that time we met after Weeekly's 'Fact iN Star' recording.

"I want to meet her, after all it was my big mouth that suggested tea..." I revealed as a matter-of-factly.

"You need to start thinking more before speaking," Heejin sighed.

"Good luck with that unnie," Yeojin came into the living room at that moment. "You are telling that to the same person who shouted at you."

Yeah, some of the members were still a little sour that I almost caused discord among LOONA. Although I apologised and took full responsibility for my actions, the atmosphere among us was still a little cold (away from the cameras at least).

"That's enough Yeojin," Heejin reminded her. "Hyunjin and I are on good terms now. We have to for Orbits anyway."

"Well, it is funny when both of you have squabble like an old married couple," Gowon teased us as she peeled and ate a banana like that Cocomong™ monkey.

Bidding the two members farewell, I clutched the box in my hand as I headed out of the dorm. Heejin decided to follow me to the street, clearly with a lot on her mind. Why? Well after much contemplation, I told her about me being interrogated by the two officers the other day. If anything, she is the member who deserves to know something about my past.

As if on cue, she then asked me, "Will the police come back to interview you again?"

"I hope not," I sighed reluctantly. "Whatever they think I was involved in before was probably trivial or coincidental. It will be glossed over..."

Yeah right, Kim Hyunjin...

"Take care Hyun," Heejin waved as I left via the main gate. "And also take care of Monday ssi."

What Heejin said made me pause. Of course, I was aware she told Soojin and Monday about my incident in the dorm, but when she told me that Monday looked genuinely concerned about my whereabouts, I felt a strange sense of guilt.

That desire to take care of a hoobae I once thought was a stranger in my life had been growing ever since Monday and I met after the fire scare at Weeekly's debut showcase. I treasured every moment spent with her...and yet...

...I still felt emptiness; the kind that felt like a missed opportunity.

After some commuting, my feet then took me to the meeting place Monday and I arranged: the cafe in the KBS broadcasting centre. When you are promoting these days, such places are the most convenient and away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Thankfully, COVID-19 meant these stations cancelled live audiences so there were no fans gathered outside the building like before; kinda sad but necessary.

Upon entering, I found Monday sitting in the main lobby. It seemed like she just got out of a call with someone because her expression was serious yet uncertain. Thankfully, her eyes twinkled when she made eye contact with me.

"I'm glad you could make it, Monday," I thanked her for accepting my offer for tea.

"It's our only free moment in the middle of our comeback," she admitted. "You would know too; your group and my group basically have back to back schedules with each other."