Chapter 6: Lucky (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 5th July 2021

Last Updated On: 5th July 2021

T/N: This takes place on 19th April 2020. Unfortunately in this timeline, COVID-19 does exist.

~ ~ ~

"But unnie, I seriously cannot find it!" Jihan exclaimed from the living room.

"Come on it has to be there!" I tried to urge her. "빨리와!"

"Like...you could help you know?!" she whined. "Come to the living room and search for it with me!"

"Unfortunately, Soojin unnie orders me not to leave the room or exert myself," I sighed. Long story, but I can explain this later.

"True...but she did say you can be accompanied by another member," Jihan called out. "Am I not another member?"

"She said not the maknae line because she's worried I'd abuse my authority!" I explained.

"WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?!" Jihan forced a laugh.

Honestly, all the members are overreacting to my situation. They have every right to do so after what has been happening since two months ago in this very room.

I am of course referring to the night I had that vision of someone crying out to me for help. Apparently, at the sight of blood in that vision, I lost all calm and began hyperventilating. How I managed to keep that hairband in my panicked state, I had no idea. However, when I next woke up, I was in the living room with six pairs of eyes staring at me concerningly.

Whatever happened, no one saw me with the hairband on, but they instead insisted I visit a doctor because of the situation(?) I caused. Well, I did not go to a doctor, but I went to a therapist instead. I really felt that they would be more helpful with my case since I was grappling with a troubled past that I was only remembering now.

I wondered also whether omma and appa should know about this. Or...could there be an off-chance that they know I might be having these weird visions of the past? Parents do know best right...?

Right...?

Anyway, after that visit with the therapist, Soojin unnie decided that I needed to be accompanied by either her or one of the other 02-line members just as a precaution. Sure, they were all worried I would cause a scene in public. I assured them that I would be fine and I would be seeing the doctor (therapist) regularly, but Soojin used the rare opportunity to lay her foot down as our leader.

Fortunately, I only went haywire(?) one more time in our company van after we had a schedule in PlayM. To our manager, it probably seemed like I had a nightmare; and he was right. That screaming memory of mine certainly felt like it.

After that incident, other events began to preoccupy all of us; not least the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our schedules were rearranged in accordance with new restrictions on social distancing and gatherings, which meant we were spending more time in our dorm. But  April has been a blessing for me in another aspect:

APINK FINALLY MADE A COMEBACK!!!

It is no secret that all of the members and I are avid APink fans and we hugely respect their careers; they are our direct sunbaenims after all. However, I have been a PANDA since elementary school and stanning APink has been the best decision I ever made. To end up promoting in the same company as them is a dream come true for me as a PANDA.

Today is their 9th debut anniversary, which is a significant milestone as far as a PANDA like me is concerned. Since it was still their 'Dumhdurum' promotions, the APink members were going to perform their latest fan song, 'Moment (너의 모든 순간을 사랑해)' at SBS Inkigayo. And it was for that exact reason why Jihan and I were frantically searching for the one thing that symbolises our PANDA status: the APink lightstick!