Chapter 1: New Home (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 27th June 2021

Last Updated On: 27th June 2021

T/N: This takes place in November 2019.

~ ~ ~

The members and I were in the studio again as we were preparing for a special song release in the coming month. Life as a LOONA member has been...hectic to say the least. In fact, our fanbase is so full of international Orbits that we might be giving Pitbull a run for his money. After all, we are twelve members who filmed MVs all over the world individually and as sub-units before debuting as a full group.

I recalled that time my MV for 'Around You' was filmed. It was in Seoul, yes, but the setting and music fitted my vibe pretty well. And it was back in 2016. Gosh, how time flies.

"Yah, you are zoning out again Kim Aeong..."

That was Heejin speaking to me. She is the first member of LOONA to be revealed while I am the second. Being revealed so early in our career, you would have thought fans would be talking about us less. Well...Heejin is at least outgoing whereas I was more reserved. It is part of my personality really.

"아라 아라 bunny-ssi," I teased her. You see the members each have an animal assigned to them, and for me I am a cat. So I just embraced that character with the occasional aeong. Don't ask why...

"Wouldn't you have known by now she likes peace?" Chuu unnie entered the studio brightly after getting us some water. Seriously her smile is contagious.

"And bread, may I add," Haseul chimed in. "Last time I forgot to buy her cream buns from the convenience store and she kept sulking the whole night."

"That's not true!" I disagreed while trying to recall that day.

"Sure..." Jinsoul was not convinced. "As your roommate in the dorm, I know you too well. You even refused to shower until you smelled sliced bread."

Ok...maybe that was a little unhygienic of me...

"UNNIES HELP!" a cute squeal came from our official maknae Yeojin. Her tiny figure was carrying a large painting canvas onto the set. So we all swarmed over and helped her out.

You see, our MV set is made out of easels and painting tools. It is supposed to show a sense of nostalgia and warmth. Fitting for me considering my solo MV was released around 3 years ago. I so happened to be painting or doing some form of art during the filming as well.

But it was a strange journey. Something I have not had the heart to tell my members yet. Not even my roommates Jinsoul and Olivia Hye knew how I ended up in Blockberry. And if none of them knew, then they also did not know the darker backstory.

And I intend to keep it that way.

(- Filming Completed -)

We all planned on heading back to the dorm together, but Haseul went back to her home instead due to family matters. It has not been the easiest time for her since her grandfather passed on earlier that year, meaning she had to miss out on promotions for 'Butterfly'. The members and I rallied together to keep her spirits up, but lately things have not been looking up for her mental health.

But I, Kim Hyunjin, remembered I went through worse. The least I could do is ensure no one has to suffer like me. This mask I have held in front of the members cannot go on forever though. Sooner or later they would have to find out. And something tells me that sooner is next year.

"Why not take a nap? You look like you need one..." Yves unnie gestured her shoulder to me. We were sitting in the back of the van together.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to catch forty winks," I sighed closed my eyes with my head on Yves' shoulder.