Chapter 35: Always There (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Final Chapter]

First Posted On: 27th December 2021

Last Updated On: 27th December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 23rd March 2021 and 6th July 2021.

~ ~ ~

(Monday POV)

Hyunjin unnie and I stared at each other as we stood behind a huge billboard stand. Much thought has led to this very moment, although we still had our own doubts about the implications this would have from here on.

Her stint in the detention center just ended, just as she planned. Her treatment was also completed and she's back to the Hyunjin I remembered. Not exactly from our childhood, but as Hyunjin of LOONA. I've looked up to her as the aeongie of the group, who is also a strong woman and softie.

"Look at you, still being all cute despite the momentous occasion it might be," my sister chuckled at my pout.

"I never imagine we would be doing this. It's not even 1 year since Weeekly debuted," I remained nervous. "Unnie, was this how it felt like when LOONA went to USA?"

"Nah, this is a smaller scale," Hyunjin held my hand. "But one day you will get that experience, so use this press conference as a practice."

Yes, Hyunjin and I were in a press conference. Just the two of us. The events leading up to this couldn't have been anything short of coincidence.

(- Flashback: Last Week -)

I stared at the PlayM Entertainment CEO trying to comprehend the situation I was in. The past few days have been quite a dream for me and Weeekly. We have been preparing for our comeback for 'We Play' and out title track 'After School' and got the coincidental honour of APink's Bomi sunbaenim visiting us in the practice room. Yesterday was our showcase and album release, and 'After School' had a hugely positive reception.

All was going well, up till this moment before CEO-nim.

"Jimin ssi," he scratched his chin. "I'm getting some reports that seem to be pointing to Weeekly. Or to rephrase it more clearly, you and another idol."

"That's unlikely," I responded on the basis that he was referring to dating rumors. "I have remained clean; this must be a troll, CEO-nim."

"It's not that news," he seemed to read my mind. As he said that, he slid a printout of an online article and asked me to read it to him.

"Two female KPop idols reportedly spotted being intimate at Yeouido Park?" I spoke out as a question. "Dispatch has released new photos showing two idols, A and B, holding hands and hugging each other closely. It is undoubtedly a date, but the photos have led netizens to question how intimate they were. Dispatch reportedly noted that they were trying their best to keep away from the public. From clearer photos of the pair, netizens claim to recognise one of the idols, but these are rumors for now."

I felt a little hesitant after reading the article. But I was about to push this aside, until CEO-nim added, "Dispatch believes that Idol B is you. They are waiting our clarification before releasing the news. So, if you would like to explain yourself, Monday ssi?"

"T-T-THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" I refuted. "Why would they think I'm in that kind of relationship?! CEO-nim, the rumors are false."