Chapter 15: 현진 (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

Chapter 15: 현진 (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 25th August 2021

Last Updated On: 19th October 2021

T/N: This takes place on 30th June 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

There, I said it. I finally introduced myself to a hoobae who just debuted. The same person whom I was following closely during her pre-debut knowing full well the emotional implications (whatever they were) it had on me. As I stared at her unmasked face for the first time...I was left with even more questions than I would have wanted. Most puzzling of all is what made me instinctively go into the building and warn the security guard about the nearby fire.

It cannot be the seniority sense in me... LOONA has not even reached its 2nd year anniversary. Three of our members are still minors, mind you. And yet...something compelled me to just save Monday and her group.

"A-A-A..." she finally mustered up some courage after a momentary silence. "S-Sunbaenim..."

"Don't call me that," I stressed again. "I'm still a person named 김헨진 when I'm not promoting. Besides, we aren't much more experienced than Weeekly-"

"ㄱ...ㄱ...감사합니다!" Monday was still in awe seeing me. Dang, she's surprisingly cute when she does that.

"You... were you the one who-" she continued but I knew what she was going to say so I politely tapped her shoulder.

"Listen," I explained, "whatever I did, and whatever you and Weeekly experienced, it was a coincidence. I was only doing what was right. If my members found out..."

Way to go Hyunjin, now Monday will think you started the fire and ruined their debut showcase. And as if to add insult to injury, a single tear escaped Monday's left eye.

"No I mean," I quickly corrected, "if LOONA knows why I saved you and Weeekly, they will never see me the same way again. And after that...I don't know when I'll see you again."

"When you'll see me...again?" Monday was almost sobbing. Of course, she must have been traumatised by a famous celeb other than APink sunbaenim actually reaching out to her but over complicated reasons...and circumstances. 

Now realising I was outstaying my welcome, I hurriedly told her, "I'm really sorry your debut showcase had to end like this... I want to make it up to you when I can. Please be with your group right now; you need Weeekly the most. Oh...and you didn't see me here."

Monday just nodded and scooted back to her members. I too made my way back to LOONA. Thankfully, and I don't even know how it was possible, I was not even an hour since I left to get the bread and coffee.

My conversation with Monday now lingered in my mind again. And now I was more puzzled with myself. Something must have been triggered within me...

...because how on earth did I speak so maturely to her back there?! I, Kim Hyunjin, the girl known for being shy and blurting aeong and into the unknown, being a dependable unnie for once?!

"OMO THERE YOU ARE!"

Vivi unnie showed up in the lobby of the building LOONA was in. She seemed frantic too.

"Unnie wae-" I couldn't even speak before she started dragging me back to our waiting room.

"Does it take THAT long to get manager-nim's coffee? The members are looking for you!" Vivi semi lectured me.

"They are?" I was sincerely apologetic. "미안, the bread at that cafe was too good. I must have gotten carried away..."

"Don't you always?" she sighed. Thankfully my love for bread came in handy as an excuse. So at least the members are kept in the dark about my prior knowledge of Weeekly a little longer.