Chapter 18: Expected Tension (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 19th September 2021

Last Updated On: 19th September 2021

T/N: This takes place on 13th July 2020.

~ ~ ~

Why did I tell her? I had no idea. Why did I break my own rule of not telling the members about meeting Monday and Weeekly that day? Simply put, it was necessary. LOONA are a nice bunch, but they are chaotic too so I do not know how well secrets can be kept once I share them.

But if Yves unnie is my one ticket to clearing the air with Monday, I am willing to take the risk. Even if it means eventually telling her about how I was held captive at a young age. Thankfully, that has not happened, yet.

(- Flashback: 2 Weeks Ago-)

Yves and Olivia Hye had taken a brief moment from our dance practice to go and film the segment congratulating Weeekly for their debut. By this time, Olivia Hye had been given a script to improvise on. It was also then where she learned about how Jihan from Weeekly is her bias.

Hmm...secretly I wondered if I could be Monday's bias after that incident? Ok long shot but it is not impossible.

Maybe because I am good at imitating a robot, but Yves dragged me into this to hold the camera filming Olivia Hye. Don't know the logic, but I guess it works.

We filmed Hyejoo speaking for a while, with one or two hiccups because she had to momentarily break character to smile longer than usual (bearing in mind that Orbit's number one fan will be watching her). Once the filming was completed, she looked at Yves and I and said, "I still got this~"

"You literally loving yourself today, aren't you?" I nonchalantly commented, which made Olivia Hye pout.

Just as she left for the practice room, I used this chance to drag Yves unnie aside. Yes, I already planned ahead what I wanted to say to her just so I could find a way to see Monday.

"왜요?" Yves was confused by my actions.

"Unnie, I kinda sorta need your help," I semi-pleaded. "But you must promise me not to tell anyone else, ok?"

A short pause followed before she asked, "Why me?"

"I trust you unnie..." I gave her that meaningful look. "But seriously, if you don't mind me doing this, I promise you I will explain everything later."

"Ok, you are getting a little weird Kim Hyunjin, but I'll ask what seems to be troubling you another time," Yves sighed. "Anyway, what is the request?"

"I want to follow you to Fact iN Star when Weeekly is the guest," I bluntly revealed my intentions.

"Why Weeekly specifically-" she probed before I answered,

"I want to meet their member, Monday."

(-Flashback End-)

That was how I ended up following Yves to the studio and got a free show watching Weeekly interact with the MCs from behind the cameras. I know I was told to remain in the waiting room, but I couldn't help it. I was willing to risk getting caught by Monday (and Jihan) just to see Weeekly. Honestly, I have taken a liking to them since I stumbled upon Monday.

Speaking of her, she has changed a little since her debut. Her hair is no longer as plain or messy and there are even blonde highlights on them. She was lively as always, and I had goosebumps every time she sang high-notes or flexed as the main dancer.