Chapter 25: Would You Stay For Tea? (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 8th November 2021

Last Updated On: 8th November 2021

T/N: This takes place on 13th October 2020 and 22nd October 2020. And yes, the title is inspired by that Hello Venus song.

~ ~ ~

When you attend a showcase with a lot on your mind, that itself presents a challenge: to remain professional. Finding out we were returning to the same place where the fire scare happened and how Hyunjin unnie saved us back then surely left me shocked. However, I got over that.

Still, fate must be cruel because how could I concentrate when Heejin sunbaenim suddenly breaks the news that Hyunjin is missing? I don't know what the circumstances were, but the fact she ran off just did not sit well with me. Although I promised Heejin that I will help find her beloved aeong, I knew the odds were stacked against me since Weeekly's comeback showcase was less than 24 hours away.

Prepare and film for the showcase I did. And then you wouldn't expect Hyunjin to just show up like *poof* "Hi Jimin I reappeared to say hi to you!" One of us must be losing our marbles then...

That wasn't even the most immediate problem...

"Jimin ah!" 엄마 called out to me. "You met Hyunjin here? Do you two already know each other?"

Seeing my own mother here was a huge and welcomed surprise, no doubt. All the members' parents came. What confused me was why Hyunjin came with my mother in the first place. I know she explained to me...but I could not deny the fact that fate certainly is making us meet in unexpected ways.

"엄마!" I greeted her openly but not directly answering her question. "What a surprise to see you here!"

"Yes Mrs. Kim we have met before." Hyunjin suddenly revealed and I looked at her quizzically.

"Aww that's sweet," my omma grinned tenderly. "From her first impression I thought you guys could hit off well. She's also older than you, so she makes for a good sisterly figure for you."

I noticed she was hooked on the whole sister thing...ever since I told her I wanted answers about Jin Jin.

(-Flashback: August 2020-)

After Weeekly's 'We Are' promotions ended, the agency rewarded us with a much-needed break to visit our families before commencing the 'We Can' promotions. Finally, it was the one opportunity I had to ask my parents about my missing sister, Jin Jin.

I needed answers. Cryptic or not.

During that week I returned home, 엄마 was the only one there because 아빠 was stuck overseas due to the pandemic. Being an only child, I needed to support my family while promoting as a KPop idol. But to be worried about Jin Jin as well...sigh life is tough.

(A/N: Assume that Monday is an only child in this fanfic and her in-real-life sibling is not featured in this fanfic)

"엄마...tell me then..."  I decided to ask my mother that inevitable question.

"Tell you about...?" she tried delaying but probably sensed who I was referring to.

"Jin Jin," I bluntly replied. "I want to know everything about her, 엄마."

"Jimin ah..." she was solemn. "I cannot simply tell you about her because I am afraid to lose you too. That is why we had to hide this truth for so long..."

"It's the only way I can find Jin Jin though..." I expressed my intentions. "I want to find my sister and bring her back to the family. Isn't that what we all want?"