TWO

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

      The introductions had been cut short by Hodge when he came to escort them all to their rooms. He insisted that they would have a long day ahead of them tomorrow, and that they could get more time to know each other then.

Lyra had been more than thankful that the man had come. Mostly because she hadn't gotten any sleep in the flight due to her anxiousness.

She also found the three Shadowhunters she'd met that night to be quite intense, and rather cool, unlike what she'd expected. Then again, not many people had the southern hospitality mindset, as her mother had warned her.

City Shadowhunters are different.

Despite all that, she didn't want their stoic first impressions to deter her from being a proper guest. She was eager to learn and study and remained restless through the night until the sun rose. Thankfully, she had been up and ready when the soft knock came at her door.

When she opened the door, she was met with the stunning brunette from last night. Isabelle, if she remembered correctly.

Lyra smiled right away in her politeness. Her eyes traveled down just as Isabelle's do, too.

The two took in each other's vastly different appearances with both amusement and interest.

Isabelle dressed in a way that not many others did back at home. She wore a bright red top that stopped at her mid-drift, the sleeves short and neckline in a deep set V line to show off the angelic rune etched just above the ridge between her breasts. She wore leather pants that slung to her like a second skin. And only the angels above could possible know how on earth she could walk in those high-heeled boots all day.

An enchantress, Lyra instantly thought of.

With a beauty like her, she wondered for a moment how well this woman could have anything she wanted, from Nephilim to Downworlders.

Then, there was Lyra's chosen outfit of the day.

It was nearing September, and with the temperature dropping, she opted for the best she could with her usually warm clothing.

Her pale-yellow crop top was unusually bright compared to the other's style. It was hidden beneath faded black short-overalls. She had combat boots that were faded and dirty from years of use, making her appearance less than seductive and more of that like a child.

But her own appearance didn't strike her as odd one bit, at least not as much as Isabelle thought it was.

"Hi," Lyra's eyes widened, impressed, "Wow. I really like your boots." She grins at the other. "You're Isabelle, right?" She recalled, her southern twang slipping just slightly.

Isabelle broke out of her reverie. "My mother calls me Isabelle. You can just call me Izzy. And thank you," She forced some sort of smile, "I like your, uh..." She cleared her throat. "Anyway, I'm making breakfast for you and our other guest. I wanted to invite you and our other guest to join us before we train with Hodge, first thing. The Institute is usually quiet til around ten when others come around," She explained.