TWENTYFIVE

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

Late into the night, Henry woke for the briefest of moments. He was groggy but as he looked around his room, a small sigh left him.

All of his friends were about in his room and each of them sleeping soundly.

Beside him on the bed, Lyra was curled up in a ball. On the other side of her, Isabelle slept with her back turned to them and a small smile on her lips from a nice dream. Across the room near the desk, Jace slept sitting down with his arms crossed and head leaned back, it didn't look comfortable at all. And lastly, there was Alec whom had settled for the one place none of the rest wanted, the floor near the fireplace.

Henry leaned forward. His hands rubbing at his eyes to see through the darkness and down at the man.

Alec slept with one arm behind his head and a blanket much too small for his large form that did not reach his feet. His face looking quite relaxed and not his usual brooding scowl.

They couldn't have given him a pillow? Henry almost laughed, but he did not want to wake the others in the room.

Even Rook was stirring in his cage from the sounds as Henry stood up from the bed.

His steps almost nonexistent as he trailed sheepishly.

Then, he dropped the pillow beside Alec's head along with his comforter before lowering himself down to sit by Alec. His eyes surveying his features for a moment, appreciating.

He waited a second or two, before poking Alec's cheek.

Alec stirred. His eyes fluttering open like the light sleeper he was. His gaze landed on Henry instantly and he instantly leaned up on his elbows, a worried expression on his face.

Henry quickly pressed a finger to the other's lips. "Shh..." He lulled, motioning to their sleeping friends.

But the other was too busy looking down, feeling Henry's finger against his lips. His heart skipped a beat. After a few moments, the finger withdrew and he could breathe again. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He whispered with concern.

He smiled back, a tired smile that showed he was really only half-awake at the moment. "Why did you all have to sleep in my room," He whispered back.

The memory of them bursting through that door. How they stood up for him. Then when they took him out, they decided that they would all sleep in his room just incase.

It replayed over and over in his mind, and he couldn't help how his heart swelled at the thought of it all.

Before Alec could answer, Henry patted the pillow for Alec to use then poked his arm gingerly. "Can I lay down with you?" He asked him.