THIRTYSEVEN

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

Lyra, Jace, and Isabelle made their way across the city towards the pier on the other side of town as her mother had said. It took a while, but they had simply hijacked a car and it was Jace who sped them through the road, hitting every possible thing in the way. 

Lyra and Isabelle were sure that they were going to lose their lives on the wild ride.

"Wait, Jace, lookout!" Lyra screeched for the tenth time, bracing herself as Jace twisted the wheel onto the sidewalk and many people jumped out of the way. 

"Shit, shit. Get outta of the way!" Jace yelled at the mundanes. He twisted the wheel sharply, and made it back onto the road.

Isabelle propped herself back up on the backseat with a disgruntled huff. "I'm pretty sure the point is to not hit everything in the road," She pointed out. 

Lyra yelped as a car honked at them at an intersection, and narrowly missed them by inches. 

Jace tried to keep the wheel steady. His own eyes searching around wildly at the poor Brooklyn night traffic. "I don't do mundane driving!" He defended himself in an annoyed tone. 

"Then why did you offer to drive?!" Lyra asked. 

"Because while Izzy cooking is deadly, her driving is ten times worse," Jace countered. 

"Hey!" Isabelle pouted. 

Loud engines revved, coming from every which way as lights flashed all around the car. It took a long while before Lyra could focus her vision, and she realized the weren't just lights, but motorcycle headlights. They were surrounded. 

"What the hell?" Jace huffed, looking around with the girls frantically. 

One of the motorcyclists pulled up directly to Lyra's side of the window. No helmet on, and thus, she could make view of the identity of the rider. 

Henry's brother, one that she remembered that came to the Institute a few weeks ago for the first time. Wasn't his name, Jaehwa, or something? 

"Are these Henry's brothers?" Isabelle gaped. 

Jaehwa turned to her, even if he was going full speed on his bike. His face angry and filled with worry. His mouth moved as he yelled something toward them.

Lyra scowled in confusion, lowering the window since she could not hear. "What?!" She yelled over the harsh wind. 

Suddenly, a loud thud came on the roof above them, and they all looked up instantly. 

"I don't think he was talking to you," Jace stated. 

Before Lyra could make sense of anything else, an arm reached down from above, grabbing her by the collar of her sleeve, and making her scream in shock as she was suddenly yanked out of the window by a strong grip.