THIRTYFIVE

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

song: shepherd of fire -avenged sevenfold

The Darkblood brothers were dangerous men.

Not only because they had been raised to fight like soldiers, but because they were cunning and intelligent. They had been mentally and physically stimulated to fight through war itself by the hands of a man so cruel that perhaps demon themselves could quake under his hard hand.

Above all of that, however, they had been trained together. They knew each other with simply looks, and could handle anything that could come their way.

But, even then...nothing could have prepared them for what happened next.

The Venatori leaders were coming together in an abandoned dock warehouse on the edge of Brooklyn. As expected, the whole warehouse had been guarded from top to bottom for a block or two, by rogue shadowhunters of course.

They had been portaled in somehow, most likely with a back-up warlock, right at sunset. Their followers had walked in by the dozens, too, for this so called meeting. And the Darkblood brothers were soon following.

They had split into groups of two by Kai.

Johnny and Lucas.

Jaehwa and Kai.

Sam and Bae.

The brothers each had their assigned tasks, and they would not fail. The goal tonight was simple, make themselves known; declare war.

Kai had one simple rule for his brothers to make note of; Don't go in for the kill when it came to the leaders. They were guarded more heavily and it would be suicide to try and get close to them. But these other followers, the Deviants?

They were free game.

Like shadows in the night, the brothers all dressed in their gear and their runes activated, then went in for the show.

Lining the catwalk near the rooftops, Kai and Jaehwa flipped onto the railings and ran forward at full sprint without waiting.

There were five guards here, and the two came in from opposite sides faster than a lightning strike.

Kai ran to the first guard he saw, sliding down into a kick and bringing him down to the floor. He jumped right back up, blocking a punch from the other guard then ducking down, punching the man hard enough in the gut that he folded forward groaning. Instantly, he rammed the man's head straight into the metal railing.

At the same time, Jaehwa disconnected his staff into two batons and twirling them in his hands. He dodged the slice of a sword, instead dropping and hitting the man in the back of the knees hard then knocking him right in the temple. The next charged at him but Jaehwa used the railing as a boost to jump into the air behind the deviant, then when the other least expected it, he brought the staff down onto his head. Both deviants landed on the ground with hard thuds.

WHERE WE COME ALIVE | SHADOWHUNTERS FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara