THIRTYFOUR

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

There was a reason why Jaehwa wasn't like any of his other brothers, but Henry wouldn't go into detail about it. It wasn't his place to say it nor talk about it.

All that needed to be said was simple, Jaehwa was technically not his full blood. He was a half-brother, and that was on their Father's side.

Oddly enough if Henry had to pick the one least like Shang or any of them, it was Jaehwa. The fourth eldest had always been a mystery—never giving out what he didn't need to, vocally or otherwise.

He could recall one instance in their brazen childhood, when Jaehwa had woke up during one of Henry's night terrors while Kai was away on mission. One night only when Jaehwa and had come into Henry's room, and he held his little brother in his arms while the other cried until he feel asleep. Even then, he hadn't said a word. He'd just done it and Henry never knew why.

At first, he thought Jaehwa hated him. The way he avoided Henry. But then, as Henry got older, he realized Jaehwa avoided all of them. And he truly never knew why.

"Something's bothering you," Jaehwa spoke up, finally speaking after he and Henry had been sitting on the edge of the rooftop of the motel for an hour now.

They had been looking off into the night in silence until then.

"Do you actually care?" Henry grumbled, not like that the silence had been tarnished.

"No," Jaehwa answered, and when Henry glared at him, the older only gave him a deadpanned expression, "But I'm listening. So, what is it?"

He frowned as he thought of what he could tell him. What scared him the most. His seeds of doubt spreading by the hour as this unknown pit of fear seeped under his skin.

Like he could feel something bad was about to happen.

Henry lowered his gaze when Rook flew down onto the ledge between him and Jaehwa. His eyes lingered on the bird with envy for a long while. "How about you first?" He argued, glancing at Jaehwa.

Jaehwa smirked, as in I would never tell you, kind of way. A simple look of distrust and nothing more. "Fair enough."

Henry rolled his eyes, and when the door to the roof stairwell opened, he turned to view as the others walked out as if they were tired. Like they hadn't been torturing someone and simply had a long day.

"Good news," Lucas called as the brothers minus Kai approached, "We found the next meeting location. It's tonight, back in your favorite place," He looked to Henry expectedly.