T͏H͏I͏R͏T͏E͏E͏N͏

ACT TWO: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT

╚»★«╝

Whether this is real or not, Lyra was walking on thin ice while she trailed down the hall as pale as snow. Her eyes shadowed over and still in shock from what they just learned about Mercy's Crest; or the Sanguis Angeli.

Through her ears she only heard white noise as loud as static. The same as her group of friends who trailed behind him, all of them looking as though they were sick to their stomach. Yet, even as they waltzed into the briefing room, no one took notice of them.

Lyra's senses only flooded into her again when they stopped walking and turned to each other hesitantly. She looked at every single one of them, her stomach sinking further and further.

Their uneasy glances around each other didn't help.

"We can't draw attention to ourselves," Jace spoke first in a low voice so only they could hear.

Alec put his hands on his hips. "Do Mom and Dad know about—" He was shushed by Isabelle, whom had hit his arm.

"Don't say it," She warned him, eyeing everyone around them with distrust, "Someone will hear you."

"I am pretty sure they are already growing suspicious with this huddle." Henry glowered, with Rook sitting on top of his shoulder. "I need to wrap my head around this. Can we all just split up for now and meet again later?" He asked.

Lyra nodded in agreement.

"I can't," Isabelle quickly stated, "I'm helping Hodge with some weaponry adjustments."

"I have meetings to attend with my parents all day," Alec added.

"And I have some mission reports to finish out," Jace finished.

The three of them looked at each other with tired expressions, showing that they would be dreading the rest of the day.

Lyra swallowed down her nervousness. Her fingers fumbling as she thought to herself. "Okay." She decided after a small pause. "We can talk about this some time tomorrow. Until then, we have to keep this between us," She remarked in a serious tone.

Everyone looked to Alec pointedly, and he immediately guffawed with offense.

"I won't say anything," He defended himself in disbelief, "I still think we should leave this to the Clave, now more than ever. But I won't say anything."