EPILOGUE

One Week Later

One Week Later

╚»★«╝

Jaehwa gasped awake in a fright.

He sat up abruptly, knocking away the hand of the girl who had been poking him with a stick. His frightful eyes looking around the wooded forest, then landing on the small child who had stumbled away.

Sera went wide eyed, scared. "Lyra!" She called, scurrying towards the camp-fire.

Lyra stopped settling the wood in the fire. She turned around, her surprise not hidden and she quickly stood up to her feet. Her hands up, "Jaehwa," She called his name.

The man stumbled and felt dizzy, but stood up to his feet as best he could. He was shirtless, his torso out on display with ripped muscles and abs glistened in sweat. His pants dirty and with tattered holes, bare foot.

He looked so disoriented.

Jaehwa looked around the small clearing. He had been laying on a sleeping bag beside two other ones. But that was it, it was just them.

His huffed, his shoulders rising and muscles rippling with each breath.

"Where are my brothers?" Jaehwa immediately asked, his throat scratchy and pained.

All he remembered was the explosion, then darkness.

What the hell had happened?

Lyra scowled a little, shaking her head while holding Sera behind her. "I only found you," She answered.

Jaehwa's brows furrowed. "No, we were together. We were surrounded and—" His throat closed and he looked around more frantically. "—Where is Henry?!" He asked more urgently.

"I don't know," She said calmly.

"What do you mean, you don't know?!" Jaehwa grew frustrated.

"It means I only found you!" Lyra snapped back, her eyes searching his disheveled appearance, "The field you were on was destroyed. There was no one else. Your brothers weren't there, including Henry..." She gave him a sympathetic look, truly devastated, "...There was only you."

Jaehwa released a breath, one of disbelief.

This couldn't be possible.

But his brothers—

Kai. Bae. Sam. Johnny. Lucas.

Jaehwa's heart clenched and he touched his chest. Not realizing he was shaking.