T͏E͏N͏

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

songs: losing myself -stephen cornish
hypnotic -(vanic remix) zella day
feel so close -calvin harris

            Besides the pounding music that blared some EDM song and the onslaught of Downworlders who gave her dirty looks, perhaps the party scene wasn't so bad...wrong.

After meeting Isabelle's Seelie friend, Meliorn, Lyra couldn't bear listening anymore to their shockingly lustful remarks toward one another and made the wise decision to sneak away from them less she wanted her innocence to be tainted. And she instead made her way to the bar.

Alone.

She wasn't exactly old enough to drink, being the stark age of eighteen, and she briefly remembered her mother's words before she left. Not to cause trouble; Don't be so Lyra. Meaning don't be so whimsical and blatanlty curious. Lyra was a good daughter back at home, perfect even. She did everything her father and mother told her to do. She constantly raised herself to their image and expectations for their sake. But here in New York, she was alone...And it's not like her parents were here to catch her if she let loose for one night.

Lyra leaned on the bar and flagged down one of the bartenders. A woman, with horns sticking out of her forehead, and captivating green eyes.  "Do you have anything without alcohol or that wasn't made by a Seelie?" She asked politely.

The bartender gave her a bored look. "Water," She answered in a monotoned voice.

"Oh," Lyra replied sheepishly. Well, what did she do now?

Another body pressed close to her as a man squeezed in the small space beside her. His broad shoulders bumping hers gently. "It's a good night to enjoy the fruits under the moon," He told the bartender in a conspicuous tone.

She smirked back, as if that entailed something secret. But apparently it did, because she turned away and began concocting the drink.

Lyra turned to the man, who looked her way at the same time. Her Shadowhunter instincts told her to survey him, and she did for a split second. However, the real giveaway had to be the look in his eyes, it was playful and unfearing. She swore that when the strobe lights hit him at a certain way, she saw the flicker of golden irises. A werewolf. She quickly tore her eyes away.

Not noticing how the man smiled at her. He leaned forward enough to make sure she could hear him over the loud music. "I've never seen a Shadowhunter at a Downworlder's party before. Is that my cue to leave before things go sideways?" He questioned.

Lyra blushed, and immediately shook her head. "No, I'm not-I mean," She chuckled as she paused to ease herself and smiled nervously up at him, "I'm not here on Shadowhunter business. Just came with a friend," She explained. She had the feeling people here were starting to notice her runes, before they even noticed herself.