THIRTYSIX

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

song: belong -cary brothers

After they had watched Alec and Magnus disappear into the portal, Jace, Lyra, and Isabelle were left in Magnus' penthouse to do nothing but wait for their inevitable return. It had quickly become quiet, and Isabelle decided to get some cool air and keep perimeter check around the building in case any unwanted visitors came around.

This left Jace and Lyra alone.

The first hadn't been subtle in how he rummaged through the warlock's things. Occasionally pointing out an object or two as 'only something a Downworlder would have', then continuing on in snooping.

Meanwhile, Lyra had stepped out onto the balcony to outlook the gorgeous view of the city. It was chilly, but she had Jace's leather jacket wrapped around her small body, so she didn't mind it. It was perfect enough for her, at least, and she hoped one day she got to live in a home with this kind of view for herself. Dreams, right?

Lyra turned her head a little when she heard the door sliding open and closed, then the blond Wayland boy appeared with this disturbed look on his face that made her giggle. "Everything okay?" She asked him.

Jace shrugged as he stood next to her. "Warlocks are weird. He has a spice rack filled with vampire hair, or werewolf fingernails and blegh," He gagged and shivered.

She rolled her eyes playfully. She leaned off the railing and faced him directly as he did the same to her.

Their eyes softening with purity as they stared at one another. An innocent love that was slowly turning into something more, stronger.

Jace brushed back her long hair behind her ear while she lowered her head shyly. But his finger pushed her chin up back to face him as he stepped closer to his girl. "Want to tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He murmured.

She couldn't even hide from him anymore, but she was okay with it.

Her lips curled up a little in the corners, as she shrugged gently. "I just really hope Alec is able to convince Henry to come back. I'm worried about him," She admitted. She watched Jace make a face as he stayed silent for a few moments, too.

"Me, too," He finally admitted after a long beat.

Lyra's brows raised. "Did Jace Wayland just admit to missing Henry Darkblood? His sworn enemy? Someone alert the media," She teased, poking Jace's side.

Jace laughed, shaking his head as if he were bothered by that statement. "Let's not go too crazy. It's only because my parabatai and my girlfriend want him back so much that I'm doing this," He tried to save his rough image.

But Lyra knew better, because she could see it in how far he had come with them. He wasn't just tagging along. This was his friend, too. Even if he didn't want to admit it.