TWENTYSEVEN

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

song: love in the dark -adele

"Get rid of him, or I will."

Henry opened the door with a heavy hand. His heart racing a mile a minute. The pure stress and anxiousness about the situation had to be written all over his features, but he was trained so well, that he quickly masked his expression to stoic and cold.

When he opened the door, there was Alec with his worried eyes and panting as though he had ran to get here. "Henry, what the hell?" He rasped out, stepping into the room before he could stop him.

His panic raised as he quickly turned around. But Kai was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go? He wondered to himself.

Turning to Alec whom was stressfully running his hands through his hair, he began to speak. "I can't do this right now, Alec," He started, but paused as his bitterness spilled, "Wait, should I keep the door open? I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about us." Henry glared, the memories of last nights conversation still burning in his heart.

Alec turned around to him, visibly frustrated. He let out a huff of disbelief and stalked forward. "By the angel, Henry, I don't care!" His hands grabbed Henry by the arms, pushing him against the door and firmly closing it shut. He leaned down, wanting nothing more than to kiss the daylights out of the other, but Henry turned his head away and Alec froze. His lips brushing against Henry's cheek.

"Please, don't kiss me," Henry whispered sadly, his palms against Alec's hard chest. Even if every urge wanted to feel those lips again, he wouldn't allow it. He had more dignity and pride than that. He slid out from between the door and Alec's body, putting a few feet of distance between them.

"I want to kiss you," Alec begged him, looking back at him like a wounded puppy.

"Just not when others are around," Henry fired back roughly, eyes hardening, "Or if there is a possibility that someone can see us. Angel forbid that." He scoffed at himself, knowing that the pain in his chest was no one's fault but his own. "Why are you here, Alec? You've made your choice quite clear last night."

"I didn't decide anything," Alec countered, "You did. You never let me finish and just decided that I didn't want anything to do with you. That's not the truth, Henry!"

"Hiding is the same as nothing at all!" Henry raised his voice, looking at the other with angry eyes. "How long did you think I would like to run circles with you, Alec? Unlike you, I know what I want and what I want is you, but I will not be strung along like some idiot. I won't do it. I have more pride than that." He pointed to himself.

Alec looked to be growing angry, too, with how his face begin to turn a shade of red. How his eyes looked both saddened and offended. "I told you I needed time. You promised to give that to me. So, what are you saying now? That you take that back?" He asked, voice cracking as he spoke.