E͏L͏E͏V͏E͏N͏

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

songs: come back when you can -barcelona

           The next morning, the five young Shadowhunters were woken bright and early for a meeting. There was no telling what the meeting was about, since they had been scolded pretty heavily last night before being sent to their rooms like children.

They met in the briefing room as instructed. Each of their personalities showing simply through their stances as they waited for Maryse and Robert.

Alec stood waiting with his arms behind his back. His face stern, and it didn't go unnoticed that he was avoiding looking at a certain someone.

Jace and Isabelle leaned on the table beside one another. The two of them still pissed at one another for their blaming game after last night's events.

Henry sat in a chair, bored as he twirled slowly in a circle. As usual, he was flipping his coin and doing all sorts of tricks to keep himself occupied. His eyes casted over to Alec every few minutes.

And last but certainly not least, Lyra stood beside the table the others leaned on, nursing the mother of all headaches. She was still recovering from last night and how Hodge had brewed some special concoction to flush out her system properly. Her lesson was learned, indeed.

She almost didn't show her face, too embarrassed from what she remembered. Not only acting like a fool but also puking on Maryse Lightwood's heels. How disgraced her parents would feel if that caught wind of this.

The Lightwoods and the Sommercrests did not get along to begin with, some feud that her father told her about months ago. They thought they were better and above the law, he'd said. But he never went further than that.

Certainly she did not help the situation.

As Lyra moaned softly and rubbed her temples, she felt a small tap on her shoulder and turned to glance at Jace. He had just tapped her with his stele. "You okay?" He questioned, looking genuinely concerned.

A shocking change considering how he ignored her days ago.

Nevertheless, she still gave a weak smile and a soft nod.

Isabelle leaned off the table with an apologetic stare fixed on her. "Lyra, I'm so sorry for leaving you alone at the party. I feel horrible," She apologized, truthfully.

It wasn't necessary, but appreciated.

Lyra nodded softly while squeezing her arm gently. "It's okay, Izzy. I don't blame you. I'm an adult and it was my decision in the first place," She eased her.