CH 21: Beach Fire

[Yay a second update today! I'm on a writing spree today^^ Anyway, I hope you like this chapter after having to wait so long><]

~~LATER ON~~

The forest outside was now completely dark. The moon's reflection shimmered off the lake water as Eunhyuk was outside and Donghae was inside laying in the loft beds on his phone.

Soon he heard Eunhyuk come back inside and climb up the ladder to the beds.

"Come outside." Eunhyuk said climbing down the ladder.

Donghae tilted his head in confusion as he put his phone down.

"Hurry up." Eunhyuk said exiting the cabin.

Donghae quickly hurried out of bed and climbed down the ladder. He went outside and saw Eunhyuk on the beach. There was a small fire pit with two chairs on the sand as Eunhyuk stood next to the fire waiting for Donghae.

Eunhyuk sat down and patted the seat next to him, signaling for Donghae to sit down. Donghae took his seat and the two were silent for a moment.

"So Eunhyuk," Donghae asked turning his head to look at Eunhyuk. "Why did you want to wait until now to talk?"

Eunhyuk took a deep breath and kept his eyes on the fire in front of him.

"I don't know to be honest. I guess I just wanted to clear my head. I knew that we'd be talking about pretty serious stuff, so I made the fire to create kinda a calm atmosphere."

Donghae nodded his head and turned to face the fire. They were both silent again.

"Well, are you gonna talk now?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Oh, I didn't know I was starting."

"Well hurry up."

Donghae rolled his eyes as he scooted his chair closer to Eunhyuk's.

"Okay, how about I start off with a question that I've been dying to know." Donghae said grabbing Eunhyuk's hand.

Donghae's sudden move surprised Eunhyuk, making him turn his head to look at Donghae straight in the eyes.

"Eunhyuk," Donghae said shyly. "Do you have any feelings for me?"

Eunhyuk turned his head back to the fire. He looked as if he was deep in thought, like this was the most difficult question he was ever asked. He licked his lips nervously and took a deep breath, pulling his hand away from Donghae's.

"Next question." Eunhyuk answered.

Donghae didn't bother arguing. He knew that if he pestered Eunhyuk for an answer, it would just result in insults and punches being thrown.

Donghae closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was irritated that Eunhyuk wouldn't answer, but he kept himself relatively calm so he could ask Eunhyuk other questions.

"Okay then, how about this question. What happened to us in Italy? We use to hate each other before we left, but then once we get there, we end up almost sleeping together."

Eunhyuk still continued to stare at the fire while twiddling his thumbs. He was too scared and embarrassed to answer Donghae's questions face-to-face. The only way he would be able to answer anything was if he just looked away.

"I don't know." Eunhyuk answered.

"Don't give me that bullshit excuse." Donghae said bluntly.

Eunhyuk turned to face Donghae surprised. He never thought Donghae would just say those things so openly to him.

"Listen Eunhyuk, I know that you have a real answer for me, but you just don't want to answer. You would rather have me wondering why than actually telling me. If you tell me one more time that you don't know why something happened, I'm going back inside." Donghae said with a serious expression on his face.

"Okay okay! Geez!"

Eunhyuk took a deep breath and turned his head to look at Donghae.

"I may....or may not have....feelings for you. There's your answer." Eunhyuk said turning his attention back to the fire.

Donghae sighed. That was a better answer than "I don't know" so Donghae just ran with it.

"Yeah, sure." Donghae replied.

The two were then silent. Even though this probably would've been awkward for most people, they both knew this was what each of them wanted. An almost magical connection between them made them know that neither one of them wanted to speak. This was just their way of pulling their thoughts together.

Donghae then shivered.

"Hey," Donghae said tapping Eunhyuk's arm. "I'm cold so I'm going inside."

Eunhyuk nodded his head and watched as Donghae walked back to the cabin. Eunhyuk then took this time to think more.

"What's wrong with you Eunhyuk? Why can you just tell him you have feelings for him? But that would make you look weak and no one can see that side of me. I can't have people thinking I have a soft spot, but I really want to tell him. Uhg, what should I do?" Eunhyuk said angrily running his fingers through his hair.

When Donghae finally reached the cabin, he quickly entered and climbed up into the loft beds. He crawled into his bed and buried himself into his covers. All Donghae wanted to do was sleep away his feelings for now and be well rested to face them in the morning.

Minutes later Donghae heard Eunhyuk enter the cabin. He could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer and heard the creaking of the wooden ladder. He figured Eunhyuk was going to climb into his bed and go to sleep as well, but something else happened instead.

[To Be Continued...]

[Haha I bet you all know what's coming next after this chapter XD But I'm sorry this chapter was so short, I'm betting the next chapter will be longer. Lol remember to comment your opinions and I hope you liked this chapter^^]