Chapter 22

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

              Raab sai maaga tumhe,
          Mil gayai, tum mujhe pyaar Karo
       Yai maanat maaga hai Raab sai.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was Monday. & The Khanna's were heading to Singhaniya to discuss the engagement function.

Everyone settled in the living hall, & started talking.

"How about this hall?" Rita asked Hema.

"Hmm, Ishita do you like this, beta?" Hema asked Ishita.

(Beta : child)

"Find something elegant yet simple, ma" Ishita said, & looked at other halls photos.

(Ma : mother)

"How about this one?" Rajvir asked Ishita.

Ishita looked at it, & then at him & smiled widely.

"This is perfect!!" Ishita said, & showed it to Rita & Hema

"I didn't knew my son's choice is so good" Rita joked.

"Okay, so shall we book this one then?" Rita asked, to which Ishita & Hema smiled & nodded.

"Alright I will tell Ranvir to do it" Rita said, & excused herself to talk to Ranvir who was with Raghav, Riddhi, Harshit & Varun.

"Your choice is so much like Ishita's" Hema said & smiled at the couple.

Ishita too smiled at Rajvir. Rajvir looked at her shocked a bit, this was the first time she was smiling at him genuinely. He composed himself when he saw her eyebrows narrowed as if asking him what's wrong. He smiled at her & shook his head. She smiled back at him, & look at Rita who was making they way towards them.

"He said he will do it. Now, let's discuss about the food arrangement" Rita said & sat down next to Hema, as they started discussing.

Ishita & Rajvir would exchange glances occasionally, & smile.

Ishita was feeling something which she had never felt before, whenever she looked into Rajvir's eyes. She could find him looking at her lovingly. & She could find herself slowly trusting him & maybe just maybe falling in love with him.

"Okay so we will keep all kinds of Indian sweets, & special dishes for the lunch" Rita said while noting it down.

"What about the engagement rings? That's the most important thing!" Hema said.

"Yeah! Good that you reminded me, otherwise the engagement would have been a waste without the rings" Rita said, & both the ladies laughed.

Ishita smiled looking them laugh, & Rajvir smiled when he saw Ishita smiling.

_________

All the engagement arrangements discussions were done, & now everyone were just waiting for the function which was held next week Sunday.

Riddhi, Varun & Raghav challenged Rajvir & Ishita to not talk to each other till the day of engagement, & who loses will have to dance in front of everyone on the day of engagement (solo), & who wins will ask the loser to do anything the winner wants them to do, & the loser have to do it.

Who was going to lose was Rajvir for sure, but he still agreed to it. Ishita agreed too, as she was happy that she will spend one whole week without him, but with her best friends.

While on the other hand, Rajvir was thinking about how to spend the week, which not less than a year for him. But, he knew if he wants to win then he have to do it. & He wanted to win this challenge so that Ishita would do the things he wants her to do.

All the brother's & sisters of both sides, Varun, Riddhi, & Raghav were curious to know that who will win. Riddhi & Raghav were supporting Rajvir as they knew he can't stay away from Ishita. & Varun too supported Rajvir, as he too knew that she will do it anyhow.

_________

The Khanna family left the house at sharp 9:30pm after having the dinner at the Singhaniya family. As they headed home.

On they way back, the family members would see Rajvir smiling, looking out of the window.

& All knew the reason behind that smile. He was happy that in just one week he will be his. It's just engagement, but the ring will show all the boys in the world that she belongs to someone, & that's him.

After arriving to the house everyone went to their respective rooms, but Raghav followed Rajvir to his room to which Rajvir frowned.

"Ready to lose huh?" Raghav teased Rajvir, while Rajvir rolled his eyes.

"& What makes you think I will lose?"

"Your love for Ishita" Raghav teased more. At the mention of Ishita Rajvir blushed, yet rolled his eyes again.

"Fine fine. We will see, now go to your room bro, goodnight" Rajvir said & pushed him out of the room & closed the door on his face. After closing the door, he sighed. & Went to shower. After showering, he saw 3 missed calls from Rohit to which he frowned. He called him back, & Rohit picked it up at the 2nd ring itself.

OTP~

"Hello?" Rajvir said.

"Hello Rajvir! I need an advice from you" Rohit said in a panic voice.

"Okay okay, first calm down & tell me what happened" Rajvir said, & sat down on his bed.

"Fine, I like a girl, & I am about to propose her & I am super nervous" Rohit said.

"Woah, bro seriously I don't think so she will accept you" Rajvir joked, while Rohit took it seriously.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because of your nervousness idiot! You used to tell me what to do when I am nervous, & when you are nervous you are asking me!" Rajvir said.

"Fine. Then I will hang up" Rohit said, & hung up.

Rajvir chuckled at his childish behaviour, & put on his clothes.

After changing his clothes he laid down on his bed, & typed a message to Ishita & drove off to sleep.

___________

I was reading True Beauty in Webtoon, when a message popped up from nowhere.

It was from Rajvir.

Rajvir cutie pie😍: challenge starts, babe😉

I chuckled at the text & replied,

Ishita lovely😘: Sure.

I read the Webtoon for some more time, & then turned off the lights & went to Dreamland.