Chapter 37

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

      It hurts to know the truth, so keep it to yourself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

New day, new beginnings.

The next day, Ishita woke up at 4am. She did her routine & went downstairs at 5:30am. She took her phone, & opened YouTube.

She then started looking for breakfast recipes. They were many of them she could make. She picked out a Marathi dish named "Misal Pav".

(Marathi :- one of Hinduism's caste.
Misal Pav :- One of Marathi breakfast dish.)

She was excited to try it out, she took all the ingredients first. Then, she played the video & did each step carefully.

After some time, when she thought she was almost done, she looked at the time in her phone, & saw it was already 7:30am. More half an hour, & everyone would be done in the living room for breakfast.

At the end, she kept some bread/Pav.

She then, served it on the dinning table & thought of putting juice too for the breakfast.

She poured juice into each glass for everyone, & kept it.

She looked at the clock & it showed there were more 10 minutes for everyone to come down, she took this que to clean all the mess she did & wash the dishes. Before, doing so, she covered the food with plates on them. She then started putting all the useless things to the trash, & washed the dishes.

While she was washing the last plate, Riddhi greeted her with a good morning, Ishita smiled at her & greeted her too.

"So, what's special for breakfast bhabhi?" Riddhi, asked as she opened one of the plates & drooled over the food.

"Misal Pav!? It's my favourite!!" Riddhi said, & settled down on the seat.

"That's nice! Wait before you eat, let everyone come down" Ishita said, as she wiped her wet hands on the towel.

"That's a torture for me!" Riddhi said as she wined. Ishita chuckled.

"Still, everyone must be coming so just wait okay?" Ishita said, & Riddhi pouted but nevertheless nodded.

Riddhi sat there scrolling through her phone, & Ishita waited for everyone.

After sometime, Rajvir came down & gave Ishita a kiss on the cheek. Ishita smiled, & made him sit beside her.

"What's special for breakfast lovely?" Rajvir asked as he smirked. Ishita blushed at the nickname, as she was about to say, Riddhi did it first.

"Misal Pav!" Riddhi said excitedly. Rajvir looked at Ishita, amused as he took look at what she made.

"You must have worked hard for it, didn't you?" Rajvir asked her, Ishita shook her head & said,

"You guys are my family now, & doing something for family isn't called hard work. But, love." Ishita said, & smiled warmly at Rajvir. Rajvir smiled back at her.

After sometime, everyone joined.

"I will serve you guys" Ishita said, & served them.

Riddhi was the first to compliment her food,

"It's amazing! Yummy" Riddhi said, as she licked her fingers.

Ishita chuckled & waited for other's opinions.

"Dear, it's really tasty" Rita said, & smiled at Ishita.

Ishita too smiled back.

Everyone gave her compliments except for Ranvir. He was just eating silently.

Ishita nudged Rajvir to ask Ranvir how was the food.

Rajvir asked & Ranvir looked at him emotionless & said,

"It's food, it's made to be eat. It's eatable" Ranvir said, & ate his food & put his dishes in the sink & went to his office room.

Ishita was sad by his coldness towards her, but covered it with a fake smile.

"Dont mind him. He is like that" Rita said, & smiled at her.

"I won't, I am happy that he didn't left the food in middle like last time" Ishita said, which was half truth & half lie.

Truth :- she was happy that he didn't leave the food in middle like yesterday.

Lie :- she did mind, that his father-in-law was cold towards her.

Rita nodded at her. & Everyone ate in silence.

After eating everyone went back to their respective rooms. Rajvir was the only one who was waiting for his wife to finish the dishes.

__________

Rajvir's POV~

I felt sad for Ishita. She made the food with so much love & care, & that too early in the morning, but my ungrateful father didn't appreciate her hard work, not even thinking about how much love would be in the food that he had ate.

But, I couldn't do anything about it. I know I should have defend my wife, but I was scared. My father had already granted my wish, which was marrying my love, Ishita, & now if I disrespect him then maybe it will break his heart.

But, what my heart asked me, I couldn't answer it. I was pointless about it.

What about your wife's heart?

I didn't know how to answer that. I am trying my best to not make her feel like left out or related to it.

I also don't know why my dad is being so cold towards her. I had made it clear before marriage that she should be treated good, but it seems like he didn't care. It seems like I had told that to a stone who would never react on it.

I am glad that my mother was comforting Ishita whenever she can, but I wanted my dad also to accept Ishita & love her like he does to Riddhi.

My father had been always stubborn. & I still don't understand how my mother deals with him. I am also proud of myself that I was not a coward but brave enough to tell my dad I wanted to marry Ishita.

If Raghav bro was in my place, he would have just moved out with his wife to a new house. I can do that too, but I don't want to be separate from my parents & siblings. & If I go & live separate with my wife, I am sure Ishita will think that she is a burden, which she isn't.

Right now, I am just sitting watching every move of Ishita. She was washing the dishes, I said her that the maid will do it, but one serious tone of her & I can't do anything about it.

I have been thinking about taking her out today, & spend the whole day with her & then at night take her out for a dinner.

Hopefully this date will not make her feel left out.