Chapter 27

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

  Everyday my day is not complete,
Until I just see a glimpse of you.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It's true that time heals everything. & Maybe make the person fall in love too.

____

Today was the day when Ishita was going to be engaged to Rajvir. She was not feeling anything, but nervous. As she already knew they were alot of relatives gonna come, not only her's but Rajvir's too. & She was scared what if they judge her? What if they don't like her?

Even though she didn't love Rajvir, but wanted to have a good impression on his relatives because she was going to be his wife soon. Not even a month, & they will be married.

(A/N: Next week (in story) will be the haldi tradition. Then, in the end of the month it will be the marriage.)

Ishita was dressed in a maroon lahenga. Looking gorgeous than ever.

She came out of her thoughts when her brother entered her room

She came out of her thoughts when her brother entered her room. He smiled at her, as she returned the gesture. 

"Hey idiot" he said as he plopped himself down on her bed, as she made an annoyed face, & told her make up artist to continue what she was doing.

"Yah! Don't ignore me" Varun said, as he walked towards her.

"Then talk something nice, if you have none then I will continue to ignore you" Ishita said, as she picked out the matching lipstick & gave it to makeup artist.

"Whatever, how are you feeling?" Varun asked as he leaned on the wall, & stared at his sister.

"Nervous. Very nervous" Ishita replied looking back at him.

"& Why is that?" Varun asked casually.

"This is why I call you duffer! Don't you know they are going to be so many people in there? & You know how much I hate to be the centre attention. & What if something goes wrong? & Wha...what if his relatives don't like me? & Bad mouth me?" Ishita poured her heart out to her brother.

Varun being an understanding brother stood there & looked at his sister. He never had in his life saw his sister being so nervous over something. But, he knew that this was all new for her, & so her anxiety levels were getting higher & higher.

"& You very well know that what your handsome brother will do to them when they bad mouth you right?" Varun said, as he dramatically rubbed the back of his neck.

"You only heard that out of everything I said?" Ishita asked, as she gave him a bored look.

"Well, as a brother I would only tell you, that being nervous will not help you at all. But, being brave & being positive will help you alot" Varun said, as Ishita looked at him amused.

She was amused because she had never seen him spoke motivational things.

"So, you aren't a duffer huh?" She asked, as she heard him chuckle.

"Well, if my sister thinks I am duffer then I can't do anything right? Because she herself is an idiot" Varun said, & laughed heartily after seeing Ishita pouted.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Ishita said & rolled her eyes.

Varun chuckled & walked towards the room door, he stood at the doorstep & looked back at his sister & gave a brotherly advice,

"But, from now on learn to change. Learn to be brave, honest, & most importantly being positive. & Don't forget to love those who already love you, otherwise there are many heartbreakers" he said, & smiled at her as she nodded & Varun walked out of the room.

After a few minutes, Ishita said mom, Hema entered & warmly smiled at her daughter.

As Hema asked the artist to leave, since the makeup was done.

Both the ladies sat down on the bed, as Hema took Ishita's hand in her's & made imaginary circles on Ishita's palm, while Ishita was just looking at her.

"Ishita beta, will you answer me a honestly?" Hema asked, as she looked directly into her daughter's eyes.

(Beta : child)

"Yes mom, go ahead"

"Are you starting to fall in love with Rajvir?" This one question made Ishita looked at her mother, not shocked. But, emotionless.

"I don't know ma, I never in my life had thought that my life partner would be him. For sure he was always there for me, I thought he was doing it as a friend... But... I didn't knew he would gain such feelings for me.. I don't think I can ever have such feelings for him..." Ishita paused as she looked at her mother, she continued when she nodded her head as to continue, "I always thought of him as my friend.. if more than that, then as a best friend.. but never as a husband... &... & What if he leaves me again? & Maybe later onwards he will ask me to divorce him? & What if... What if he changes after the marriage?" Ishita said, as she shivered a bit, due to the thoughts & nervousness.

(Ma : mother)

Being a mother & experienced woman, she understood Ishita more than anyone could. If there was a cruel mom listening to her, then she would have slapped Ishita when she said the divorce word. But, Hema was calm, & understanding & she knew what her daughter must be feeling, thinking, & experiencing right now. As she shared her married life with her daughter,

"Ishita you already know that your dad & I were trapped in an arranged marriage. & I always wanted to do a love marriage not an arranged, but when I got to know that your dad already had feelings for me, I then thought, that when this person can love me & then marry me directly without being in a relationship, then how would he leave me? He just wouldn't marry me because of my body right? If he would have thought like that then he would have already taken it on the day of marriage night right? But, no. Your dad was being very kind on the marriage night. I then realised that he was not in love with my body, but with my soul, my laugh, my voice, & everything you could think of. & Then, I slowly yet deeply fall for your dad." Hema paused as she offered a smile to her daughter, as Ishita returned the gesture & Hema continued, "& I know you don't like it when I repeat the same thing again & again, but always know that I tell it to you, so that you can stop yourself from making that mistake. Rajvir isn't that type of boy you think he is. Have you ever wondered why he come back after 15 years? Because To make you feel what love is like" Hema said, as she left the room, leaving a wondering Ishita behind.