Chapter 24

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

               Dil jaanta hai hamara hal,
      Kabhi haasta hai toh Kabhi roots hai,
  Najanai iss Dil kaa kaun humsafar hai.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Both the houses were busy in engagement arrangements. One was taking the care of food arrangements & shopping, the other one was taking care of hall decorations.

Today was the day when both the families gather & buy the engagement rings for the soon-to-be wife & soon-to-be husband.

Rajvir was excited as he had not seen Ishita from 4 days straight. While on the other hand, Ishita was stressing out in what she should wear.

"Why is it so hard to choose clothes!?" Ishita groaned in frustration, & at on the bed abruptly.

"What happen, beta?" Hema asked, as she was looking at every move of her daughter.

(Beta : child)

"I don't know what to wear!" Ishita said, as she looked at the mess she had made in her room.

"Remember the last Diwali dress?" Hema asked while looking inside her closet, finding the dress.

(Diwali : An Indian festival)

"Yeah?" Ishita asked, while looking at her mom, who's back was facing her.

"Wear that, you will look beautiful, even though you look beautiful enough in Rajvir's eyes" Hema joked, & showed her the dress.

"Yeah yeah" Ishita said, & excused herself to change in the bathroom. While Hema kept all her clothes inside along with the hangers & left the room to change too.

_______

After having a shower in peace, she wore her clothes & applied simple makeup. (Eyeliner, lipstick, & face lotion, face powder)

She took one last glance in the mirror, & when satisfied she smiled & walked out of the room, towards the living room. There Varun, dad & mom were already sitting all ready to go.

"Ready?" Harshit asked Ishita, to which she nodded.

"Then we should get going to ×××××× Rita & Ranvir will already be there" Harshit said to which everyone nodded, & headed out towards the ring shop.

The ride was not silent which was an enjoyment to Ishita. Varun could start bricking with her here & there, & her parents would tease her about Rajvir. At every mention of Rajvir, Ishita would slightly blush. & Hema would smile to herself looking at her daughter, who was slowly falling in love.

Her mother was not worried even a bit. As she knew that Rajvir would keep her happy no matter what, & if someone goes against Ishita then Rajvir would support Ishita not even giving it a thought. & If Ishita would make a mistake then Rajvir would show her the right path. Since the day Ishita & Rajvir had my eachother they was a connection which never let them separate. But, it's been said that always except the unexpected, & that's what happened. Rajvir left her behind, & now Ishita is afraid if he will do it again at any time. He said himself that he won't do it again, & even promised her but she was not going to be convinced by a simple promise. Ishita was a stubborn girl, & still is. But, Rajvir knows that at a time he has to tell her what his father, Ranvir, thinks about her. But, he was afraid that if he tells then she might feel guilty, & burdened. & Rajvir didn't wanted that. But, since he knew he have to tell her, he will tell her, but when the right time comes. For now, all he has to focus on is making her fall in love with him. Rest of it will be seen after the marriage.

_______

After the enjoyment of laughs, & brother-sister bricking they arrived at their destination.

They saw, the Khanna family already present there, as they walked towards them & greeted with hugs. While Rajvir & Ishita did side hug, as Ishita didn't wanted to be a tomato in front of her future-in-laws.

"Remember not talking, or you shall lose" Riddhi reminded both, Ishita & Rajvir. Ishita frowned at first, but then she understood what she meant as she stood there, stiff.

Rajvir was dieing to talk to her, but he had to control her urge to talk to her, or he might lose. So he just kept staring at her. While, Riddhi, Raghav, & Varun giggled looking at him staring at a girl who was not giving any attention to him.

Everyone walked inside the ring store, & started looking at the rings. The soon-to-be groom & bride were silent, but would look at eachother occasionally. But, Rajvir was just staring at her.

After some time, when Rajvir looked at something else he would feel his anger boil. The boy who was showing the rings to their parents, was looking at Ishita & smiling at her. & If this was not enough for him to not get angry, then when Ishita too smiled back had did. Rajvir stood up abruptly from the chair. Everyone snapped their heads to look at him, everyone had confused looks to what was this boy doing.

He didn't look at anyone but the boy who was smiling at Ishita. Rajvir could see him getting tensed, Rajvir smirked in his mind when he had seen the satisfied look at the boy's face. But, he was not going to let him go so easily, as he took his collar in his hands, to which the boy panicked & Rajvir could feel him shaking in his touch.

"Rajvir leave him!" Ishita said, but Rajvir completely ignored her.

Rajvir then stared directly into the fear eyes & said,

"Look once more at her, & I will send you to hell" Rajvir said. The boy, lowered his eyes to the hand which was holding his collar. Rajvir then pushed him, to which the boy stumbled back.

"Are you out of your mind or what!?" Ishita shouted at Rajvir at the top of her lungs.

Rajvir dragged her outside towards his car.