5. Bambam

"Appa! I want to go on that ride!", the 8 year old you pulled on your father's sleeve as you whined to him.

As your father is the CEO of Wonderland, he is a really busy person and he is always rushing here and there for meetings. But finally, he had agreed to bring you along to Wonderland today and he is all ready to explore the place with you.

"My princess want to try that ride? Sure, why not?", your father smiled at you happily and held your hands as you two skipped towards the big Ferris wheel.

"Yay!", you cheered merrily but that happy moment only lasted for a few seconds.

Your father's phone rang just in time and he picked it up without hesitation.

"Yobeoseyo?"

As his conversation continued with the other person who was on the line, his face was gradually forming a frown.

"Ok, I've got it. I will be right back", he then said before he hung up.

"Appa, waegeulae?", you looked back up innocently as you noticed that he had stopped moving.

"_______", he mumbled your name softly,

"Mianhae, appa can't accompany you again today. Some things came up at work and I have to get back to the office now", he apologized and gave you a soft pat on your head.

"Here, show this pass to the staff and you will get to enjoy everything here ok?", he handed the pass before you saw him slowly disappearing before your eyes.

"Appa..."

-
-
-

You have been sitting at the same place where your father had left you for almost an hour. During the past hour, you have totally lost count of the number of times you have cried. You kept looking at the pass in your hands dejectedly and you cried each time you remembered your father's words.

He will never keep his promise, you thought as a drop of tear rolled down your cheek again.

"O! What is that?", it was then a voice caught your attention.

You looked up to see a boy around your age, smiling brightly at you and pointing at the pass that was in your hands.

But once he met your eyes, his smile faded.

"Omo! Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?", he looked at you worriedly.

But you cried even harder suddenly.

"Uljima... This is for you", he said again as he caressed your hair gently.

A lollipop is placed on your palm now and you found him staring at you intently.

After you calmed down, you finally gave him weak smile.

"Yay! You are smiling again!", his face lit up when he saw your smile.

"So are you ready for some fun now?"

You studied his face blankly.

With that, he held onto your hand and dragged you along to the Ferris wheel.

-
-
-

"Woah!", he was pretty amazed by the sight of the city as you guys boarded the Ferris wheel.

It was also your first time on the ride ironically, although your family owns Wonderland. Your eyes widened as you take in the city's beauty with him.

However, as the ride reached the highest point and it was starting to get a little shaky, you grew frightened.

The boy seemed to notice your tense behavior and he held onto your hand quickly.