8. Mark

"CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!", Jr, your crush for three years pushed you away onto the ground. He had just broken up with his girlfriend and you were about to console him when he rejected your offer.

Although you have always stick around with him for the past three years, you were totally unaware that he had no feelings for you at all.

Scrubbing off the dirt that had gathered on your skirt, you stood up and held onto Jr's hands.

"NO, there's no way I will leave you alone! I know that you are hurting badly inside and that's why I'm here for you! I'm here to hear you out!", you said to him nicely, but only to be flung away by him again.

"______-SSI! PLEASE STOP IT! There's no point in you doing so!", he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Waeyo oppa? What did I do wrong? Why am I not allowed to care for you?"

"BECAUSE AH YEON-SSI BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Your eyes widened at his words and you almost choked on your own saliva.

"Oppa..."

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!", he yelled at you.

"SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE HATED IT BECAUSE YOU KEPT STICKING AROUND ME! _____-ssi, when will you learn to wake up?"

One by one, the words all came stabbing into your heart. You sniffled and quickly wiped away the tears that were forming.

Then, one last time, you tried to negotiate with him.

"But you said that you enjoy my company and you never told me that you dislike my presence..."

Jr took a deep breath and narrowed his eyes at you.

"Then let me make it clear to you once and for all. I HAVE NEVER LIKE YOU AND NEVER WILL I! So, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME FROM NOW ON."

With that, he left you and stomped off angrily.

You are all alone now. You felt as though the whole world doesn't want you anymore and you even lost confidence in yourself. Tears started streaming down your cheeks and it soon broke into loud cries.

However, the thing is that you were never aware that someone was actually watching you secretly from the back all along.

-
-
-

"Eomma, I'm back!", you told your mum and scooted off up to your bedroom as soon as you reached home.

Throwing your bag onto the ground, you sighed deeply as you laid back onto your bed. You were still showing disappointment over the fact that Jr had rejected you but it was then a 'bang' on your window snapped you out of those thoughts.

Getting off from your bed, you headed towards your window and drew your curtains aside.

Staring in front of you was a RC (remote-controlled) helicopter and you soon looked up to meet the eyes of the owner of the aircraft, who was managing it from the window which was sitting directly opposite yours.

He was Mark, your next door neighbour and your longtime childhood friend.

He played around with the controller in his hands and he made the helicopter fly right at the tip of your nose. Then, jerking his head at you, it seems as though he was telling you to check it out properly.

You scrutinized the inside of the RC helicopter and a piece of paper then met your eyes.

'Someone signalled for SOS?', the note says.