13. J-hope

"Oppaaaaaa,"
"Omo, i'm touching my oppa,"

Turning into the corner, you finally arrived at the venue which your best friend, Jennis had text you to meet up at. However, after surveying the surroundings, you weren't entirely sure if this was the correct venue. Both of you was supposedly meeting up for a project but what you could see now from here was just a huge crowd of fangirls squealing and screaming at the front of Korea University Hwajung Gymnasium.

Shaking your head at them, you then whipped out your phone, trying to contact Jennis again when a hand suddenly caught your wrist.

"What-"

"You are finally here!"

Looking up, you found Jennis smiling widely at you but before you could even respond, Jennis had already dragged you up towards the front. You two soon came close to a stage and pointing at the seven cardboard stands on it, Jennis started bobbing her body up and down excitedly while you only gave her an awkward stare.

"Didn't know that you were a fan of them", you hissed, but that only made you earn a smack on the head from Jennis.

"You dumbo! that's not what i had meant!", Jennis scolded you but subsequently after, she smirked before leaning towards your side, whispering lightly into your ears,

"We are here for our art project,"

Your eyebrow twitched slightly at Jennis who was now grinning as she continued on with her words,

"Remember what Ms Jung had told us to bring for class tomorrow?", she made a short pause for you to think before then sharing the answer with you,

"A model,"

Right. That was when it hit you too. From last week's class, Ms Jung had specifically told you guys to bring along a male model for their next art class but knowing that none of your male classmates would ever want to get themselves involved in it, you had long given up on that idea of searching. But now that Jennis reminded you of it, you were also grinning ear to ear with her.

"She didn't exactly say that she needed a real live model right?"

Jennis chuckled at your expression and placing her hand firmly on your shoulder, she asked,

"Are you thinking what i'm thinking b1?"
"I think i am b2,"
"It's.... mission time,"

On the other hand...

The BTS members were busy at the backstage, preparing for their 2nd muster code fanmeet. As usual, the maknaes were busy fooling around with one another; NamJin were flirting with each other; Suga was still mediating on the sofa, whereas J-hope, he's just wasn't quite himself today.

Clasping his hands together, he walked up to his manager while the rest were having their own time.

"Hyung, i need to head out for a breather,"

This caught the attention of the rest but despite so, J-hope walked out alone nevertheless. He had rejected any bodyguards from following him and swinging his arms back and forth, he was now standing in front of the group's cardboard stands already, pleasantly smiling at them.

Gradually, he climbed up onto the stage and as a form of de-stress, he then stopped at each member's cardboard stand and started doing silly poses with them. All along, J-hope was giggling at himself and having fun over it when just then, he heard some muffled voices coming closer and closer to him.

Flustered, J-hope's body froze and he couldn't think of any better idea on spot. Thus, he thought that by faking the same pose and standing stationary next to his own cardboard stand would render him unnoticeable.

---

Looking at your watches, it was 8pm sharp now and both you and Jennis, who have been hiding at one corner all these while, slowly stood up from your seats. The two of you have waited on till the night when everyone else had scurried off into the gym to attend to BTS's concert, and now that the coast is clear, you finally started out on your plan.

With Jennis being the lookout, you carefully crept up onto the stage. First, you carried Namjoon's cardboard stand, which was what Jennis had wanted and you loaded in into Jennis's car. After that, you hopped back up onto the stage and pondered over your choice.

You were having a hard time choosing as all of the boys were equally hot until, you caught an extremely adorable one which was the third from the left. From the afternoon, you clearly remembered that there was only one of him but looking at it now, it seems like the crew have decided on placing a duplicate by the side.

You laughed heartily as you studied the duo and finally making up your decision, you nodded you head and went up to J-hope.

On the stage, J-hope was sweating profusely as he was trying hard to maintain in the same position as his cutout. However, as much as he tried to control himself, he eventually let out a yelp when the touch of yours contacted on his skin.

"Ahhhh,"
"What?!"

You flinched back as soon as J-hope screamed. Immediately, you looked for Jennis but shockingly, that girl had already escaped with Namjoon's cutout in her car. You was left flabbergasted as to what you should do now but aware that J-hope was still waiting for an explanation upfront, you sighed heavily and finally looked up to meet his face.

"Who are you and why are you stealing our cardboard stands? Are you a sasaeng?", J-hope said this peevishly, with a displeased reaction.

"No!", you waved your hands frantically at him,

"Please don't get me wrong! I'm only here to get a model! If I don't turn up with one tomorrow, Ms Jung will probably kill me", you explained and as your gaze dropped down onto the ground in remorse, that was when J-hope stepped up to you, puts a hand under your chin and tilted your face up.

He still looked dubious at first, but after a few seconds, he finally smiled at you.

"Alright, I was just kidding. I will be your model,"

You looked up at him in disbelief.

"Really?"

"Yeah", replied J-hope coolly.

"Just call me anytime when you need me,"

With that, J-hope bit off the index finger of Jungkook's cardboard stand and quickly, he scribbled his number on the back of it for you. He handed you with it and giving you one last glance, he winked before slowly retreating back to the gym.

However, midway, J-hope halted and turned around to face you again,

"By the way, what's your name?", he hollered.

"____,"

"Ah ____, nice name you've got. Anyway, I hope to see you tomorrow. I'm J-hope, your hope,"

---
Adapted and edited from my other book, 'call me, 뱁새' because I felt that this was fluff enough to make the cut to be posted up here. (: hope that it's not trash to you :/