Nostalgia.

As James sat in the dark leather chair of his office, his strong fingers, decorated inexpensive silver rings, he finished typing up an email to a client.

He sighed as he leaned back in the chair, and his eyes fell shut as he rested his head on the back of the chair. When he saw the girl on Saturday, he hasn't been able to properly focus on his work for the past two days. It had been filled to the brim with her voice and the way she sang, and he had to stop himself from trying to track him down.

There was a loud knock on the tall, dark doors of his office.

"Come."

The door opened, and Adam peered his head in. "Need your signatures on a few things," James nodded at him, taking a long, white cigarette from his drawer. He lit it, rested his elbow on the table as he took the papers from his friend. Adam was executive chairperson of Dudleys Inc.

James was CEO of the business, having started it when he was the ripe age of twenty-five. Granted, his father did leave him a fortune when he passed in a tragic car accident when James was only fifteen, his mother's murder quickly following short. James never got over it though, and at the age of thirty-three, James was one of the richest men in the United States.

James scribbled his last name in dark swirls and took a deep drag of the white stick. Adam nodded at him and took the papers.

"Tell me why you've been half-assing work since yesterday?"

His question made James roll his eyes, his face falling into one of boredom again. James wasn't the kindest man, but his investments in charities made people love him from across the world. James was cold, his parent's death being the only thing on his mind since he was fifteen.

He fell into the wrong crowd after his mother, and he dropped out of school. He got related in gang activities, having learned his skills of fighting and interrogation from that. James was ruthless in his work, curt 'yes' and 'no's were the only two words in his vocabulary.

"Half-assing? You didn't show up to three of the four meetings we had today, pal,"

Adam tsked at his friend, knowing exactly how to get on his nerves. Adam and James had been friends since kindergarten, and when James fell in prison after a drug raid at one of the facilities, Adam was quick to his rescue. Adam's father had been one of the best lawyers in the city and got James out on good behaviour after serving two years.

James had a few murder charges against him, and Adam didn't even know if he did what he was convicted of. There had been an officer who was killed on sight; strangled with bare hands and face completely smashed in. But, there wasn't substantial evidence that James did it, and the judge thrived on eyewitnesses. And since no one spoke, they couldn't use that against him.

It was an understatement; saying James had a temper. Something small, minuscule, could happen and James would blackout, see red, and hurt anything that would get in his way.

"I was busy running your errands, boss," James stared at his friend, and Adam only raised both brows at the man.

James stood, towering over Adam. "Adam-" It was a sharp ring that echoed through the office that cut James off.

"Dudley," He barked into the phone. He frowned, and set the phone down on the wood table, pressing the speaker button.

"This is Margaret with Extreme Cutters. We'd like to schedule a meeting with you, Mr Dudley. We would like to talk to you about investing in our business, seeing as that business has been good recently. When would be the best for you?"

James looked at Adam, silently asking his opinion. Adam shrugged, and James raised a well-sculpted brow at him.

"Tomorrow, eleven-thirty,"