Endings.

an: listen to rosyln by bon ives while you read. I'm respectfully sobbing.

----------------------------

James woke up after the sun for the first time in a while. The bed was empty next to him, the only warmth given to him was the sun and Hades pressed flush against his lower back. He blinked a few times, getting his eyes used to the bright sunshine that peered into the room.

He sat up, reaching his arms above his head as he stretched. He looked around the room, and when he noticed the mug on the kightstand with a yellow sticky note pressed to it, he smiled.

Went for a coffee with the girls.

I love you. Have a good day, handsome.

-C.D.A

Was scribbled in neat handwriting. He took the mug and brought it to his lips, moaning in pleasure as the coffee filled his mouth. He threw the covers off of him after he finished his coffee, pressing a kiss to Hades' head before he made made his way to the bathroom.

It was his day off today, and he would've preferred to stay in bed with his honey all day, but he had errands to run. He showered, dressing up in a black turtleneck and a black Armani suit jacket. He smoothed back his hair, tying the strands with a thin rubber hair tie.

He brushed his teeth and as soon as he finished, his phone went off in the bedroom. He swiped his finger over the screen, holding it between his shoulder and cheek as he put his watch on.

"Dudley,"

"Good morning, Mr Dudley. I apologise for calling you this early, but we need you to come in as soon as you can. There's some issues we need you to clear up."

James swallowed, bid the man a farewell and rushed downstairs to the garage.

On the other side of town, Calypso was stood infront of her colleagues in a black pantsuit, her hair tied up neatly and face hard, pulled into concentration.

"We all know he's been involved in drug reselling and distribution. But, I found out a few days ago that he's been in the nuclear weapons industry too. Specifically from an agency called Nobles W. Inc.

According to the president of said agency, James has been dealing with some investments, but I haven't gotten enough evidence for it to be incriminating. "

Everyone was nodding slowly as she spoke, the room being filled with curious eyes and dead silence. She pointed to a picture of the man she had grown to call a friend, "This is Adam. He's the president of Dudley. Inc and upon further investigation, he seems to be completely clueless. James probably has someone else working under him that deals with- well, the illegal side of things,"

"This is good, Adamos. What'd you find out about the fraud allegations?"

"Nothing, actually. There's been no word about it. Although, Katerina Nikolai-One of the women that works with the investments-had let sleip that James had payed off all the allegations, so-"

"So, that's incriminating, right? We can bring him in?"

The Chief-Alexander King-shook his head, leaning forward in his chair. "Not yet, we need more," He said, waving thr man off. Calypso nodded slowly, waiting for further instructions from the chief.

"All right. We need more info from his employees, you think you can manage that, Adamos?"

The girl nodded, ignoring the burning pit in her chest. He dismissed them then, Calypso walked out first, willing the tears that clouded her vision to the back of her eyes. She exhaled, and then felt a steady hand on her shoulder.