Interruptions.

tw: very rough smut. like, crying rough.

Calypso sat on her fire escape, the sun blaring down on her. A half smoked cigarette hung loosely from her lips. She was staring at the sparse clouds, imagining she was up on one, away from her problems on earth.

It was two-thirty. Her nervousness made her shew on her bottom lip till she tasted blood, and she hand shook as she took she cigarette from her lips.

She thought about James and if he was just as nervous as she was, or if he was even thinking about her as she was of him. She ignored the way her heart fluttered when she thought about him.

She sat on the fire escape for a few more minutes, and then she stood, smoothed her pants down and took her blazer from were she had hung it over the armrest.

She shrugged it on after climbing through the window, and pressed a kiss to her pups, promising them she'd be back soon.

She exhaled a ragged breath as she closed her front door. She didn't think about what was said in court earlier, mainly because she wanted to spare herself to pain that was brimming at the surface.

She walked down the steps, and pushed open the building doors. It was a sunny day, the sun beamed down in hot rays onto the earth, warming it. She got into the cab she hailed, and told him the location.

With her bottom lip still between her teeth and her fingers fiddling with her blazer button, she watched the city pass by her in a hot blur. Everyone was dressed in short sleeves and their hair up, and she was the only one that stuck out like a sore thumb.

When she stepped out of the cab, she clenched tightly on her jaw as the reporters bombarded her again. She nodded at the security guard when he opened the door for the girl. She repeated the same routine, and then made her way to the courtroom. She sucked in a deep breath as she put her hand on the doorknob.

And with nervousness bubbling hotly in her chest, she opened it. James sat at his spot, Brandon and Lucas on theirs. She walked in and didn't spare anyone a glance, allowing herself to go into her own little world as she sat.

Not a word was spoken between the sun and the moon, and they didn't look at eachother either. They both wondered if this was the end of them, and they wondered how each of them would react to it, if they'd be hurt or if they wouldn't care.

Calypso swallowed hard, and checked the time in her watch. In five minutes, James would know if he was going to spend the remainder of his life in jail, or if he was a free man.

He didn't let the nervousness show. He leaned back in his chair, his head falling back onto the back of his chair. His eyes stared at the ceiling, and he counted the seconds till the bailiff would come out.

Cqlupsos's leg ticked under the table, and James could hear her breath; deep in, deep out. He almost smiled, finding her nervousness almost endearing.

And like a gun was sounded, the back door opened and the bailiff walked out, "All rise!" He yelled, and everyone did. The judge walked out, followed by the jury.

The judge found his seat and so did the members of the jury, and Calypso felt her throat tighten, she felt like she couldn't breathe. Her eyes almost brimmed with tears from nervousness, and her hands clenched into fists.

The judge sighed, "After talking to the members of the jury, we've come to a decision."

Calypso felt like she was going to pass out any second, and so did Brandon. His own jaw was clenched tightly, and so were his hands at either side of him.