Best friends.

an: smut. also, some lil bit of James being rough with our girl, if that makes you uncomfortable, skip the last part of this chapter. enjoy, sinners.

ps: Cals dress is def the dress Rachel wore.

—————————————————————

The two lovers looked at the wall upon Calypso's request, and James questioned her as to why she decided on the yellow.

"You seemed to like it the most," She had said, making him shake his head as he laughed softly. Now, they had finished cleaning up her mess and made dinner, washing the dishes together afterwards.

The next morning, Calypso woke up alone and with the sun. She immediately looked over to the nightstand next to her bed, and read the scribbles on the yellow sticky note:

Have a good day, honey.

I love you. Call me later

J. D

She smiled to herself and picked up the mug with coffee and took a small sip, eyeing the room. She sun was shining brightly into the room, warming it in the process.

Her phone blared on the nightstand then, making her jump. She picked it up, sliding her finger across the screen, "Morning,"

"Morning, babes. You fancy a coffee?"

She smiled, "Sure, Aves. At the usual place?" Avery shuffled on the other end, "Mhm! I'll see you in a few," The line beeped and Calypso didn't waste a second in jumping up and mailing her way to the bathroom, showering as quick as she could before she went downstairs, let her dogs out and filled their bowls.

She dashed upstairs again, swinging the closet doors open. She decided on a lilac sundress, seeing as Summer was at its hottest in Manhattan.

She did her makeup and tied her hair up with a claw clip before she went downstairs and made her way to the garage where her bike stood against the wall.

She left the house and paddled down the street, the sun burning on her shoulders and exposed back. ABBA blared in her earphones as usual, and before she knew it, she stood infront of the small, quaint coffee shop.

Avery and Angela were inside already, sitting at their usual seat at the window. She stuffed her phone and earphones in her bag as she made her way inside, telling the waitress her order quickly.

"Hello, you!" Angela beamed, kissing her cheek. She smiled widely, "How are we doing?" She asked, folding her hands ontop of the table.

Angela and Avery both shared a glance, and she raised her brow at them. Avery cleared her throat softly, clamping down on her bottom lip. Calypso narrowed her eyes, "What are you not telling me?"

Angela cleared her throat then, turning fully to Calypso, "I'm engaged,"

Calypso's mind went blank for a moment before she smiled, her eyes widening with surprise, "Oh, my god! Holy shit, wait,"

Her cheeks started hurting from the smiling, and excitement burned bright and hot in her chest. "Who asked who?" She gushed, her eyes wide and lapping over Angela's face. The blonde had a wide smile on her face, her cheeks a bright red, "Uh, I did. Yesterday,"

She sighed happily, pulling Angela into a large hug. She turned to Avery, seeing her wearing the same expression, "God, this is wonderful news," Calypso whispered, looking between the two sisters.

The three girls rambled on and on about nothing and everything, and when Calypso's phone went off, she excused herself from the table, sliding her thumb across the screen as she pushed open the door to the coffee shop.