Vodka.

James, hot with anger, and Calypso, pale with fear.

"James?"

"James, don't look at me like that,"

The words rung in James' head, but he didn't budge. She chewed on her bottom lip, and as soft as a cloud, as sweet as cotton candy on your tongue, she whispered, "Please, Jamie,"

James' eyebrow twitched, and his nose flared with anger, and Calypso nearly thought she was going to pass out. James bended down to her height, his knees bended. He stalked towards her from his space on the bed, and when he was close enough so she could smell the mint on his breath,

He muttered a deep, "Get. out." Hate nearly dripped from his words onto his white covers, and without hesitation, Calypso ran to the elevator, pressing the button and as she waited for the doors to slide open, she let out a sob, and her hand flew up and covered her mouth.

As she stepped into the elevator and turned around, her face that was once contorted in sadness and hurt, embarrassment, vanished. Her lip didn't quiver anymore, her eyebrows weren't pinched together, and she let out a deep exhale as the doors separated the pair.

But, on the way down, Calypso broke down. As she always did, her hands came up to her hair and she pulled on the strands, always being told by her mother that physical pain was better than emotional.

The butterfly spread her wings once the doors opened, and she flew out of the front door, to James' car and her bestfriends. She didn't realise the other car that stood behind James', and when Avery and Angela heard the sob they were all to familiar with, both girls spun around, and nearly tackled her.

"What happened?"

"Did he hurt you?"

"Calypso?" Her head shot up at the voice, and Adam's concerned face came into view. "What happened?" Calypso inhaled, calming her heart and mind. She locked her lips, "I-I don't know, we were just talking a-and-" Adam nodded, searching her eyes with his.

"What did you talk about?"

Calypso didn't notice the crowd that formed around her, all tall, large men looking at her like she was a baby, screaming and crying and throwing her bottle.

"His business, a-and I said I didn't know it was him, I thought it was his dad,"

Almost like James was a bomb, and all the men were running to stop him from exploding. It was near impossible how quick the men stormed into the house, and all the girls just watched them, speechless.

"You didn't know about his dad?" Avery asked, and Calypso shook her head, frowning, Avery sighed, "You should really do research about the men you hang out with, Cal," She smiled at Calypso, and Angela rubbed her back.

Ten minutes had passed, and then fifteen. The girls sat in James' car and chattered, gossiped and waited.

After half an hour, they saw the front door open. It was dramatic, in the most simplest of words. Adam was infront, and then James. Eyes bloodshot, hair messy and when Calypso saw his knuckles, her heart sank. Blood dripped from them onto the gravel below them, and as James reached up and put his sunglasses on, the blood ran up his forearm.

She had never been more terrified in her life in his bedroom, the way he looked at her made her stomach churn with fear.

Adam was carrying a few duffel bags and so were the others, and she noticed James had changed out of his clothes, him now wearing a white shirt, detailed with crimson splatters. The sight made her teeth chatter, and when James stalked towards the car, Calypso got out, and slid in next to her friends in the backseat.