Ramen.

Calypso grew nervous suddenly, and her eyes fell down to her hands as she packed the last bit of groceries onto the counter.

The question would've came up eventually, she thought. She looked up at James, watching as his head tilted to the side, the cigarette hanging comfortably between two, thick fingers.

"What's the tattoo for?" He had asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. Calypso's hands grew clammy as soon as she heard it, and she wanted to avoid answering it altogether, but she smiled softly at James.

James watched as she smiled sadly at him, and he instantly regretted asking her. She bit at her bottom lip, and she held a pack of macaroni out to him, and pointed to the cupboard behind him. He took it from her, momentarily ignoring how his fingers burned when they brushed over hers. He turned back to her, and she stepped around the island, it now being clear of groceries.

"My mom and brother died in a fire when I was young, so I got this for them,"

She rolled up the cardigan and showed him. He bent closer, and absentmindedly held her forearm, he squinted his eyes, reading two dates and what he read in the picture the day before.

He decided against asking more about it, and Calypso's forearm felt like it was on fire. He held it gently, he tips of his fingers being cold, and the rest of his large hand was scorching hot against her skin. She wallowed, and looked up at him through her eyelashes. She smiled at the man, and he nodded while he took a drag from his cigarette.

"What do we want for dinner, pretty girl?" He asked between the smoke that came from his lips. She grinned, "Ramen," The man hook his head instantly. James was used to five star dinners at restaurants, or professionally cooked food at his home. But the determined look in his butterfly's eyes made his heart soften.

"Its really good! Come on, please?"

Her begging only made him swallow thickly. Nodding, he killed the white stick against the bottom of the ashtray.

James stood next to her as she put a pot of water on the stove. He watched her work, chewing on her bottom lip in concentration. "What's his name?" He asked once he noticed the doberman sitting at the door, watching the pair.

"Hades, and the pitbulls Athena,"

He smiled, noticing how the doberman did look like a hades. "He's well trained, yeah?" She nodded quickly. "Yeah, he's my guard dog and Athena's my sad dog." James frowned, and she looked up at him, "I got her after my mom died, I call her my sad dog because that's what she's here for." James nodded, understanding. He noticed the girl throw her head back, groaning. Calypso's hair kept falling infront of her, she forgot o put it up before she started cooking.

Before she could turn around to grab the hairtie that was on the counter, she felt two, strong hands grip her hair and pull it from her. She frowned, blushing. James noticed two trands laying on her shoulders, he pulled the back gently, into the hold he hand on her hair.

He looped the hairtie over her hair, and again, and again. He then tightened it, and when she turned to face him, he tucked a piece behind her ear.

"How did you do that with a dislocated shoulder?"

He smirked, "I can still move it, darling. I just choose not to sometimes," She smiled at him. And then he placed a large hand on her cheek, and swiped his finger over the part he wasn't covering, muttering a "Perfect," out. She clamped down on her bottom lip, and he couldn't help but smile at her.

It was when the two of them heard Hades growl loudly, staring up at the front door, that they finally looked away from eachother. There was a few loud knocks, James felt urgency tug at him, and before Calypso could, he walked to the front door, Hades stood next to him, towering up to James' knee.