The Motion.

an: please remember that this is fiction.

It was the morning of the trial, and Calypso hadn't slept a wink. Going over and over her work, calling people at early hours of the morning. She didn't sleep, running on caffeine and cigarettes.

James was awake before the sun, as always. Adam had brought him the suit Calypso picked out, and as he stepped out of his cell, his hands cuffed infront of him, no one said a word.

It was the only silent moment he had experienced in prison, and he gave a stiff nod to Alberto as he passed his cell. With his hair slicked back neatly, beard shaped up, he walked like he owned the place, his chin in the sky and eyes set ablaze.

Calypso had gone straight home after her visit with James, and started going over what she wanted to say today. She shrugged her black blazer ontop of her white button up, her hair tied into a high ponytail. She slipped on her black dress pants and gave herself a nod of approval in the mirror.

After feeding and kissing her dogs, she walked down the steps of her buidling. She put on her sunglasses, and slid into Avery's car.

Avery and Calypso didn't speak a word to eachother, both having nervousness eating at them. As the car rolled to a stop, both girls stepped from it and were instantly bombarded with reporters, and Calypso and her friend payed them no mind as they entered the building.

Repeating the same routine as she did at the prison, the metal detector scanned them both and two female officers patted them down. Calypso readjusted her blazer, and took her briefcase.

Her heart nearly exploded as she rounded the corner and saw James, standing tall and clean cut. The guard was busy uncuffing his handcuffs. And Calypso frowned as she approached them, "Were those really necessary?" She asked the guard, not sparing James a glance.

He fixed his cuffs, then adjusted his collar. He inhaled deeply, his own body shaking slightly with nerves.

The guard nodded, and Calypso rolled her eyes. She shot Avery a nod, and stood next to James infront of the courtroom.

"Ready?"

He hummed, and shot her a cheeky grin. She smiled back at him, and opened the door.

It was empty, the only people being Lucas and his lawyer, and the armed guards. Calypso's heart thudded in her chest, and she made her way to the table opposite from the judge, and next to Lucas'

She breathed deeply, and James stood behind his chair, his eyes hard like always, and jaw clenched. Calypso saw a guard approach him, and James frowned for a second before he rolled his eyes, and sticked out his hands.

Calypso opened her mouth to say something, but James gave her a silent shake of his head. The guard cuffed him, and James found his seat next to Calypso.

Brandon Cooper, her opponent caught her eye. She raised a brow at him, and he shot her a sly wink. She tsked, and took her papers from her briefcase. James didn't speak, nor did he look at Lucas. But he could feel his eyes on him, and he silently relished in being watched.

Calypso sat next to James, "Look at me," She ordered, and James' head snapped to her. He watched her lazily, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. She swallowed, "You need to be calm for me, yeah?"

James smiled, "Yeah, baby," His angel's green eyes rolled, and she sat back in her chair. Calypso chewed nervously on her bottom lip, her leg jumping up and down slightly.

James reached over, his cuffed hands pressed down on her thigh, and he smiled again, "You need to relax for me, okay?"

Calypso nodded, and James leaned back into his chair. When Brandon sauntered over to the dark oak table, James' eyes involuntarily rolled.