Evidence.

Calypso had woken up after the sun, her back aching from her position on her fathers couch.

After the two finished in the garden, they cooked dinner together, and Calypso decided to sleep over at her father's.

There was a mug of coffee on the table next to her and she sat up, groaning. She picked it from the table and took a sip, reading the note her father left her, saying he'd be going to work.

She stared through the window, observing her fathers garden. Then, her phone let out its shrill ringtone and she quickly swiped her finger over the screen.

"Adamos,"

"Goodmorning, miss. This is Sherley calling, Judge Charles decided to move the trial to tomorrow,"

Calypso paled, and she sat the mug down. "I haven't spoken to the witnesses yet," The woman hummed, "Well, you've got a full twenty-four hours, Ms. Adamos, goodluck,"

The line went dead, and Calypso let her face fall into her hands, groaning again. She locked up her dad's house, putting the key under the frog sculpture. She raced down the sidewalk, and when she finally arrived at her building, Calypso practically ran inside.

She dialed Dudley Inc.'s line as she pulled her hoodie from her head, throwing it on her floor. She pulled on a maroon blouse and just as she did, the call was answered.

"Hello, this is Adelaide speaking. What can I help you with?"

"Adelaide, this is Calypso," She mumbled as she slipped her sweatpants off. She pulled on a pair of black dress pants and raked a brush through her curly hair.

"What can I help you with?" She asked again. Calypso took the phone with her to her bathroom, "I'd like to speak to you. I'm James' attorney and to put it bluntly, you're the witness and I need you on the stand,"

It was silent for a second and Calypso waited for her to speak as she applied her makeup. "I'm free in ten," Was all she said, and Calypso heard her end the call. She pressed on Adam's contact, and brushed her teeth as it rang.

"Hello,"

"Adam, I need to talk to you in an hour, okay?"

"Yeah, alright, come to the building," Calypso ended the call, and slipped on her shoes and black blazer before she tied her hair into a neat ponytail.

She fed her dogs and kissed the top of their heads, and raced down the stairs of her building. She hailed a cab, barked the location out and chewed on her bottom lip as she stared out of the window.

Fifteen minutes later, Calypso was standing infront of James' building. The mere thought that he stepped foot in her made her heart clench, and with that, she pushed open the heavy door.

White and grey painted the walls, and she spotted Adelaide at the front desk. Giving her a mere lotion with her head, Calypso followed behind her. They stayed silent their entire shared time in the elevator, and Calypso followed behind the blackhead once the doors slid open.

The next story was even busier, and she gave Adam a curt nod as she passed by him. Adelaide walked to the far end of the building, it becoming much calmer here.

She unlocked a large door, and pushed it open. As Calypso entered, she knew exactly who's office this was. It smelled of oak and sunshine, and her heart shattered in her chest. A half smoked cigarette layed in the ashtray. The walls were a light grey, paintings scattered around them. It was neat, and clean. A few papers were scattered on the table, pens in a white pen holder and she picked up a tiny paper, and she felt her bottom lip quiver.