Chapter Fourteen

"As surgeons, we live in a world of worse case scenarios. We cut ourselves off from hoping for the best because too many times the best doesn't happen. But every now and then something extraordinary occurs and suddenly best case scenarios seem possible. And every now and then something amazing happens, and against our better judgement we start to have hope. As doctors, we're trained to give our patients just the facts. But what our patients really want to know is-will the pain ever go away? Will I feel better? Am I cured? What our patients really want to know is-is there hope? But, inevitably, there are times when you find yourself in the worst case scenario. When the patient's body has betrayed them and all the science we have to offer has failed them. When the worst case scenario comes true, and clinging to hope is all we've got left" 

"my breath and heart got taken by you"

Holly and George were standing in the elevator. They took each other's hand and stepped off.

"Welcome to the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic where you will be working for the day", Bailey said to Lucy, Alex, Izzie and Cristina as they stood in the newly opened clinic. "Olivia will familiarize you with the protocol for the flu vaccine". Alex looked around. "Don't touch any expensive equipment", Lucy said to him. "I want in on Burke's bloodless pulmonary valve translocation tomorrow", Cristina said. "I'm scrubbing in", Alex said. "Dr Bailey, where are the patients?" Lucy asked. "Watch the door, they'll be coming in any moment", Bailey replied. Izzie and Lucy went to watch the door. However, Mark and Richard entered first. "I was expecting more patients", Richard said looking around. "We're waiting", Lucy said, staring at the door. Next to come in the door were Holly and Geore coming back from a vacation. "We got married in Vegas!" George yelled. Everyone looked shocked. "Dude, she's Holly O'Malley", Alex chuckled.

Cristina and Lucy found Meredith outside the ER. "I'm avoiding the gift", Meredith said. "Ellis wants to meet Derek", Cristina said. "I love Ellis". Izzie came out of the ER with a patient. "I heard about Ellis", Izzie said. "I think you should talk to her, Mer", Lucy said. "What if she's disappointed in me?" Meredith said. "I'm stealing patients because I'm gonna go crazy if I spent my entire fortune on a clinic for nothing", Izzie said. "Now that I mention crazy, what do you guys think about George and Holly?" She left with her patient. Meredith looked confused. "George and Holly got married in Vegas", Lucy said. "I don't think it's that crazy, I mean, they love each other, right?" Meredith's mouth fell open in shock. Lucy noticed her facial expression. "But apparently, to everyone else, it's insane", she said.

Lucy caught up with George. "So, you're married now?" Lucy said. "So, was it good impulsive or Meredith impulsive?" "Good. Really good. I love her", George said.

"Then, congratulations"

"Thanks"

Addison and Holly stood at the nurses station. "So, I heard you got married!" Addison said. "Congratulations!" She showed Addison the ring. "I know it's small but George insisted on paying for it himself", Holly said, smiling at her ring. "It's beautiful", Addison smiled, squeezing her hand.

Holly found a sick George in the clinic. "Are you okay?" Holly asked him. "Does it bother you that the day we come back from our Vegas bubble, you get poisoned with a patient's toxic blood?" "Hey, don't worry", George reassured. "So, our bubble has popped. That just means, our life is ready to begin. We're married!" Holly smiled.

As Derek and Burke were transported away on gurneys, Meredith, Cristina, Lucy, Izzie and Holly were getting gowned and gloved. "You have to pack and wrap Marina's abdomen so she can be transported", Richard informed. "You will work in shifts of 20 seconds". "I'm not going in since I'm the only remaining healthy attending", Mark said. "Plus, we are still unaware of the long-term effects of the neurotoxin". "Well, I for one can't wait to go in", Lucy exclaimed sarcastically. Lucy was up first. She went in and wet the lap pads. Cristina filled the cavity. Holly had to wrap it, making sure the plastic was tight but the plastic twisted so Izzie and Meredith had to finish it. The packs inflated which was a sign it worked.

Holly entered the locker room. "Hi, Mr O'Malley", she smiled, kissing George's cheek. "Hi, Mrs O'Malley", he smiled back, putting his arm around her. "You ready to go?" She nodded and took his hand.

"So, George and Holly got married, crazy, right?" Lucy said to Alex as they sat in bed. "You're not expecting me to propose, are you?" Alex asked.

"No, you are not ready for that?"

"Me? You have mommy, sister and brother issues"

"And you don't?"

"I think we might be the most dysfunctional couple ever"

"I think we just might be"

"Good"

He smiled before kissing her. 

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is love songs ain't for us by amy shark