Chapter Twenty

"A patient's history is as important as their symptoms. It's what helps us decide if heartburn's a heart attack...if a headache's a tumour. Sometimes patients will try to rewrite their own histories. They'll claim they don't smoke, or forget to mention certain drugs...which in surgery can be the kiss of death. We can ignore it all we want, but our history eventually always comes back to haunt us. Some people believe that without history, our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose: do we fall back on what we know, or do we step forward to something new? It's hard not to be haunted by our past. Our history is what shapes us...what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time. So we have to remember that sometimes the most important history is the history we're making today" 

"this is the last time i'm asking you this. put my name at the top of your list"

The interns got ready in the locker room. "I think that Susan stopping by has become weird", Meredith said. "It's just what mothers do", Alex said. "Maybe she'll do our laundry", Lucy exclaimed. "Hey, get your own fake mother", Meredith said. Lucy held up her hands in mock defense. Izzie entered the room while praying. "You must have done something pretty bad", Alex said. Lucy smacked his arm. George entered the room and stood next to Holly. She pressed her head into his shoulder. "You tired?" he said, rubbing her hair. She nodded against his shoulder. "How about a coffee date at 3?" George asked. She emerged from his shoulder with her hair all over her face. She smiled and nodded as he brushed her hair from her face.

Holly approached Lucy. "Have you seen George?" she asked. Lucy sighed. "He's with Izzie", she said.

"Oh"

George got off the elevator to see an angry-looking Holly. "I forgot, I'm so sorry", he said. "I got busy". "With what?" she asked.

"The clinic and uh, patients"

"Bullshit"

"What?"

"Nothing, you know what, it doesn't matter. I'm hurt, and I'm tired, and I'll see you at home"

Alex exited the hospital to see Holly sitting on a bench with her head in her hands. He sat next to her and put his arm around her. She sniffled and lifted her head to look at him. "Is this what my marriage is gonna be like?" Holly asked. "I think he's gonna leave me". "Listen to me, he is not going to leave you", Alex reassured. "Because he loves you too much. This is just a bump in the road. You guys are going to get through this, I promise you. Okay?"

"Okay. I'm gonna go home now"

"Okay"

Alex got into the bed next to Lucy. "George broke her, Luce. You're right, she can't find out", Alex said. "He's not gonna tell her and they're gonna get through this, and everything will be fine", Lucy said.

"Yeah, are you okay?"

"I'm always okay" 

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is the last time by taylor swift