Chapter Elven

Now listen I know this chapter is crazy short. But I thought adding more would take away from the chapter. That and if it were longer I wouldn't have time to write and post all of it today. 

Yeah...

Anyways I hope you like the chapter. And I'm warning you now there is extreme sadness in it. And I kinda made it worse by adding the song...sorry DX 

Oh and enjoy another picture of Tyler ->

Chapter Elven

I don't come out of my room until I smell dinner. For the last few hours I've been carefully planning what I'm going to ask Dominic. That, and put all my clothes away. 

I skip down the stairs and make my way to the kitchen where a tired looking Dominic is making chicken. "Hey!" I chirp, trying to be as friendly as I possibly can. 

"Decided you were hungry?" He asks softly, not looking up from the table.

"Mmmh," I nod sitting down. "That and I wanted to ask you about your mom!" 

He freezes.

"Why don't you ever talk about her?"

He doesn't answer me. Things are going as planned.

"I mean I've never talked about my parents either, but that's because they kicked me out when I turned 18." I fake a sigh, but not a frown. 

"Why?" He whispers, almost silent.

I take a deep breath and say, "because I like boys. Does your mom not talk to you?"

He shakes his head slowly. 

"Then what?"

Dominic licks his lips. Asking all of this was really getting to him but I knew he was getting close to giving in and telling me. He has to be."She, is none of your concern."

I pound my fist down on the table. "What do you want from me Dominic?! I'm trying to be your friend here and help you! But if you keep everything locked up it's going to be bad for both of us! I told you the one thing I keep locked up and you can't even answer one question!"

"You want to know why I don't talk about my mom?" He snaps. "Because she's dying and I'm just standing here. I've tried everything Tyler! I had spent most of the money before we found out! I had to sell the house so she could have the best care at the hospital. But the money is running out and I can't keep paying! Not even with my job!" Dominic is crying. I never thought I'd see him cry, and I wish I never had. It breaks my heart.

"What's wrong with her?" I mumble, feeling terrible about myself. Maybe I should'nt have pushed him so hard! 

He closes his eyes and whimpers, "she needs a new heart Tyler. And she been waiting so long everything is going wrong! I thought if I married Veronica her dad would be able to help my mom. Then she had a stroke."

I'm speechless. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything like this. I thought maybe it was more of my case where his mom disapproved of him. Not her dying. "I-I," nothing I'm going to say will make this better, so I go over and wrap my arms around him. 

"The doctor said she didn't have much time left." He sobs. "My mom is all I have! All my friends betrayed me when they found out I got the m-money. They kept asking, and asking for stuff. One even tried to steal some! Tyler when she dies I-I'll be alone!" 

"No," I pull him closer, "no,no, no. Dominic you'll always have me. I won't leave. I promise! And I know I'm not the best person in the world to have but I have to be better that nothing!" 

I feel Dominic's lips softly touch my forehead. He keeps them there and whispers, "Thank you Tyler."