Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I storm to the front door ready to kill the girl. She should know better than to show up here! Dominic broke up with her! She should be out his life forever now! Veronica is so not the person I wanted to see today, or any other day!

But when I get to the door I freeze. Dominic had her in a tight embrace, her head nestled in the crook of his neck. That's where my head belongs! Not hers! The bitch!

"I can't believe she, she's gone!" Veronica cries. I can't help but to notice how natural Dominic and her look together. I'll never be able to be like that with him. No one will ever look at us and think that.

Stop this Tyler. You can't think like this while he's grieving. It's not your time to be upset.

"We tried everything." Dominic whispers to her. Suddenly I realize him and Veronica are much closer than I originally thought. But how?

"I begged my father! Tried everything!" She clings to him. "He said it was too late! He wouldn't even try!"

"Sh," he softly kisses her head.

"D-Dominic," I mumble, my heart breaking.

He pushes Veronica off and turns to me. "Tyler?!"

"I was wondering if you liked really spicy chili." I lie, looking down. "But I see you're busy. Sorry for bothering you."

I turn on my heel and walk back to the kitchen.

"Stay here," I hear Dominic instruct Veronica. He then quickly walks after me. "It's not what you think," he sighs. "Veronica was one of my mom's nurses. She was close to my mom. It's hurting her too."

"I get it." I chew on my bottom lip. "You kiss all your mom's nurses." Stop doing this Tyler. He's already hurting enough. He doesn't need your crap.

"You know what. Fuck it. You think I actually do that shit? I can't believe it."

"Well it wouldn't be the first time." The words slide out of my mouth, me quickly regretting it. Shit, shit, shit!

Dominic lets out a deep breath. "That was different.

"How so?" wheres the off switch on me when I actually need it?!

"She wasn't you." He growls.

"Is there a difference?" I snap back at him. I'm not upset with Dominic, if that's what you're thinking. I'm upset with the whole situation! I just want things to be good! I know It's stupid of me, but so much crap has been happening! I just want to relax with Dominic for one day! Just one day!

"Because I never loved her!" It takes him a minute to process what he said, when he does his cheeks turn pink. "I, uh. I mean-"

"I love you too." I blurt out. "And I don't care if I've only known you a short amount of time. I can't deny my feelings, and dammit! I know I love you!"

The smile on Dominic's face couldn't have gotten any bigger. "I love you Tyler." The words make my heart skip a beat. "And without you I'd be so lost."

It's now that I realize I'm crying. The tears are streaming out of my eyes. Happy tears! Not sad ones!

"Come on," Dominic pulls me to his warm chest. "I know things aren't going how you want them to right now, but I promise in time I promise to make you the happiest person in the world."

"Already am." I cuddle closer to him. "Because I know you love me. And that's all I need to be happy." I stare into his eyes.

"Dominic?" Veronica calls out, waiting for a respond. I sigh and let go of him.

"So spicy, or mild?" I chuckle.

"Spicy." He kisses my forehead. "I'll be tight back okay."

Sadly Veronica stays for dinner. I do try being nice to the girl because she could have been very sweet. I'm saying could have because the whole dinner she glares at me. I don't know what her problem is! I've been crazy nice!

It's not until after dinner, when Dominic goes to use the bathroom, she speaks up.

"I don't like you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Uh, okay? Why?"

"You stole my Dominic!" She stomps her foot in anger.

I roll my eyes. "Please, I didn't have to do anything. He came running." BURN, BITCH, BURN!

"You know what you little fuck," she smirks, "I'm going to win him back!"

She can't be serious. Really? Was all that about his mom just a lie or something? Dominic never even wanted to be with her! "Win him back? You never had him in the first place." I must admit I'm doing pretty good today. Usually my comebacks are "well you're a bigger one!' Or something stupid like that.

For such a pretty girl, Veronica is pretty ugly. Not to mention that horrible look on her face. "Oh I didn't, did I? Then why did he tell me he loved me? Hm?"

I almost die of laughter. Dominic loving her? Yeah right! That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. "Bitch he never loved you! He's in love with me!"

Veronica's face is red with anger. "That's not what he said when he kisses me today!" She remarks.

This chick wont stop, will she? Dominic wouldn't ever do anything like that after he told me he loved me! "Kiss you?" I scoff. "Look you can insult me all you want but if you start making up lies about my man, I'm going to do something about it!"

"Believe what you want but it's true. He loves me, not you. He never did, never will. After all you're just a poor, gross, guy! I don't know how you got him to actually touch you. It must have been because he feels sorry for you."

I'm about to punch her, but I quickly control my emotions and smirk. She's about to get it good. "Okay, Veronica. You kissed him. Your lips touched the lips that were around my dick the other day."

I can feel the disgust radiating off if her. "Oh my god! You're sick!"

"I'm sick? Dominic Is the one who did it. I just sat back and enjoyed it."

Her expression is great! It easily made my day. And I know I'm stretching the truth a bit but it's so worth it! "Listen fag, Dominic will be mine!"

"In your dreams, you crazy bitch- hey Dominic."

Crap.