Chapter Eighteen

I was wondering if you guys even read what I put up here? Am I just waisting my time by adding comments?

I'm sorry for the crappy chapter DX

Chapter Eighteen

"Are you sure you can't tell me?" I ask for probably the tenth time. I'm getting more and more anxious with each second that have passed. We're headed towards the city so that must mean something pretty nice. But what?

"Well," Dominic's pause nearly kills me, "I know you'll love it."

Really?! He makes me wait just so he can tell me that? I swear that boy...

"And if I don't?" I prop my feet onto the dashboard.

"Oh trust me, you will."

We've been on the road for a while now and it's getting pretty late. We have to be close! "How much longer?" My butt is starting to ache from me sitting so long.

"Not too much."

I sigh and decide to start messing with the radio. I haven't listened to music in a while. I used to love music, I even took piano lessons for a while.

I stop when I find a decent song-- most music on the radio today is crap-- and start taping my fingers to the beat. Dominic hums to the tune making me smile.

We stay like this for quite a while, until he speaks up. "We'll park and walk the rest of the way." He pulls into an empty spot and we both get out. The smell of salty sea water makes me crinkle my noise. I didn't know we were this close to the ocean. I hope he didn't plan on us swimming, because there's no way I'm going to with my clothes!

"Come on babe," Dominic takes my hand and leads me to our destination...

"...A ice cream shop?" I raise an eyebrow. It's sweet and all but we drove all that way just to get ice cream? We couldn't have gone closer to home?

"Not just an Ice cream shop, the best Ice cream shop in the whole world!" He grins and pulls me inside. "Ben?"

Out pops a very familiar teenager. Where had I seen him again?

"Hey! You're the guy from the hospital!" He beams cheerfully. "I never thought I'd see you again!"

Dominic looks back and forth between Ben and I. "And how do you two know each other?"

"I should be asking you the same thing."

"Ben is my cousin."

Now that I really look at them both it's pretty clear they're related. Ben just looks a little more, eh, colorful.

I make an O with my mouth. "Well, then."

"Now you two know each other how?"

"We met at the hospital! Tyler said one of his friend's mom was sick!" Ben frowns. "Is she better?"

For a second I panic, thinking Dominic about to get upset again, but he smiles sheepishly. "She is. But why were you there?"

Ben sighs and stares at his feet. "Garrett decided it would be a good idea to try and OD on sleeping pills. Again."

Dominic crinkles his nose. "Did that guy cheat on him again?"

Bed nods sadly.

I can't help but to feel terrible for both him and his friend. I wish I could help, but it's none of my business.

"Anyways Ben we can't stay long! I'll take the usual, and Tyler, what do you want?" He looks at me.

"I'll take a cookies and cream."

Once Dominic and I get our ice cream he pulls me out of the store. I lick my cone and my eyes go wide. "Holy shit!"

"I know right." He smiles knowingly.

Dominic was right when he said this was the best ice cream in town! I've never tasted anything like it! I could eat it everyday!

"I only get it on special occasions, so it makes it all the more better."

We walks until the sidewalk turns to a pier. Dominic stops me. "You have ice cream on your cheek."

I blush slightly in embarrassment. I reach up to wipe it off but he grabs my arm. "Here I'll get it." He leans in and slowly licks it off. Of course I jump, dropping my ice cream.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry Tyler!" He groans running a hand through his hair.

I stare down at my poor, melting ice cream. I wasn't even halfway done! It was so good...great. I should have know this would have happen!

Why am I so clumsy?

"You can share mine. It's cookie dough." Dominic offers the cone to me.

I smirk and lick a piece that's dripping off the side, my eyes locked to his. And for the fun of it I might have licked it slightly suggestively. Take that you cheek licker!

"Don't do that again." Dominic tells me sternly.

"What, this?" I lick the ice cream again.

"Yes that!" I closes his eyes tightly. "At least not in public okay.

"Why not in-" I realize what he means and slowly look down at the front of his pants. Heck yeah! Who knew I could turn someone on!

"Come on!" He drags me to the end of the pier then leans against the wooden fence. I do the same.

"I think you know what I've been wanting to ask you."

I nod, the grin already taking over my face.

"So Tyler will you be my-"

"Yes."

"You didn't let me finish!"

"Fine!" I sigh. "Go on!"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Finally! After all I've been through! Finally I get the one thing I need to make me happy.

"Tyler?"

"Huh? Oh right! Yes! Of course! I'd love to!"

Dominic hugs me tight, holding the arm with the ice cream away from me. "God I love you Tyler."

"Dominic!" I laugh. "We've been dating five seconds! You can't say the L word!" I hug back tight, literally attaching myself to him. "I love you too."

"Good."