1.5

JACEA CASERO

I finally step off of the aeroplane and make my way down the stairs to find two sets of eyes glaring at me. Two? Two males. Both wearing sharp suits, it's quite intimidating to see them there. One with dark brown hair, tanned skin, and sunglasses.

Sunglasses? I understand it's Los Angeles but it's not sunny right now in fact it's quite cloudy almost like it's about to rain. The other is like a replica of me, male version of course, honey blonde hair and sea blue eyes.

They both look extremely... posh? But I can tell that there is a massive age gap between them, the dark-haired boy looks to be maybe a little bit older than me.

"Are you just going to keep looking at me or are you going to talk," I challenge with a slight roll in my eyes.

"Why would we need to talk?" My biological father says, taking a step towards me and walking around me like he's inspecting me. But my eye contact keeps on the teenager that hasn't moved or said a word.

He's actually quite... cute.

No, Jace, no. You haven't even seen his whole face. This is not the time to be crushing.
"Shall we go then?" I ask, turning on my heel and walking past them. I don't know if they're following me but I'm sure they won't let me walk away. Especially so soon.

As I walk away, a hand wraps around my wrist. Hard. I stop and hiss at the pain that surges through my arm. I'd injured it last week, but I  thought it was better. I guess I was wrong. I turn to see the teenager that is probably looking at me - probably those glasses have no transparency.

"Could you let go, you're hurting me," I whisper. His face stays in my direction before he lets go of my arm, scowling and turning away to face, what's his name again? Did I even get that conversation?

"Right, are we all ready to go?" My sperm donor says standing inbetween me and glasses-boy - I don't know his name either, so I will make some weird nicknames for him.

"What's your name?" I blurt as we move into a limousine that honestly does not need to be here. "And why bring a limo, you can act normal." The teenage boy's face is in my direction, but he still says nothing. Is he mute? Or is he just being a tight jerk, who doesn't think he can speak to me because I don't live the same life as my father?

"I'm Christopher Lockwood and this is Mr Davenport."

"Lockwood? As in Lockwood Bank?" I ask, feeling my throat go dry. Grayson mentioned him as 'Mr Lockwood' but I didn't think Lockwood Bank.

"Yes, and Mr Davenport's family is head of a new designer product." I turn to the Davenport teen who's looking out the window.

"Yeah, I've heard of it," I make sure to sound unsatisfied even though I really am intrigued.

"Hunter takes off those sunglasses, you look utterly ridiculous," My biological father orders in a disgusted tone before turning to his iPhone.

So, Hunter is his name. Not going to lie, I kind of hate the name but his looks help.
Hunter disobeys my father and continues to wear the sunglasses, looking out the window and tapping to the beat of the music playing quietly in the limo.

Most of the journey with Hunter and Christopher is quiet, nobody is saying a word. The only sound I hear is the light thrum from Hunter's fingers hitting on the car door as the music plays, he's facing my direction. But who knows if he's actually looking at me. Those glasses have no transparency. Kind of annoying. If he is looking at me, I hope I don't look like a mess honestly because he is... from what I can see gorgeous. I usually wear make-up, but I was just on an aeroplane for 12 hours so I'm probably bare faced.